Cannot install Windows 10

arepcik

Hey guys,

so here's the thing: 

during the installation process, it always get restarted. I am able to make it through the language selection and drive choosing. Once it starts to copy a files, I would get a blue screen.

I'm using external HDD (Samsung M2 Portable 3 500GB), Media Creation Tool.

My components:

Asus B450M-A

Ryzen 5 3600

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro Black 16GB [2x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 1.35V DIMM]

Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 500GB

MSI GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS OC 6G

Thermaltake Smart SE 630W Modular

I already run a memtest86, my RAM appears to be OK. 

Error message would "invalid process attach", "something kernel..." or whatever. I think the blue screen is not attached on particular % of installation process, because if I wait after restart a little bit longer, sometimes I won't make it not even to a installation drive selection.

Motherboard BIOS was updated.

During my very first attempt, I had some error about MBR/GPT disks. I found some fix thanks to BIOS change from EFI to Legacy. Thanks to some changes, I was able to proceed to a next step, but with blue screen after that. So I cleaned a CMOS and tried again. No MBR/GPT error anymore, was able to a point where I need to put my email in. But this is the point I can't get beyond.

I already replaced a source boot HDD for a USB flashdrive and bought a new target SSD (Samsung 860 Evo). Now I can't even get it to email step, again.

Any ideas? 

Thank you

Try running Linux. That way, if it doesnt work you know your hardware might be faulkty

If you want me to see your reply, please tag me @Faisal A

10 minutes ago, arepcik said:

Hey guys,

so here's the thing: 

during the installation process, it always get restarted. I am able to make it through the language selection and drive choosing. Once it starts to copy a files, I would get a blue screen.

I'm using external HDD (Samsung M2 Portable 3 500GB), Media Creation Tool.

My components:

Asus B450M-A

Ryzen 5 3600

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro Black 16GB [2x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 1.35V DIMM]

Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 500GB

MSI GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS OC 6G

Thermaltake Smart SE 630W Modular

I already run a memtest86, my RAM appears to be OK. 

Error message would "invalid process attach", "something kernel..." or whatever. I think the blue screen is not attached on particular % of installation process, because if I wait after restart a little bit longer, sometimes I won't make it not even to a installation drive selection.

Motherboard BIOS was updated.

During my very first attempt, I had some error about MBR/GPT disks. I found some fix thanks to BIOS change from EFI to Legacy. Thanks to some changes, I was able to proceed to a next step, but with blue screen after that. So I cleaned a CMOS and tried again. No MBR/GPT error anymore, was able to a point where I need to put my email in. But this is the point I can't get beyond.

I already replaced a source boot HDD for a USB flashdrive and bought a new target SSD (Samsung 860 Evo). Now I can't even get it to email step, again.

Any ideas? 

Thank you

Did you create a fresh installation drive? Sounds like you might be installing an older version which doesn't like your new hardware.

Try creating a fresh installer using Microsoft's media creation tool, it will require a working pc and an 8gb usb drive.

Also to fix your other problem reenable UEFI mode in BIOS, boot the installer, when you get to the partition screen press Shift and F12, type Diskpart then hit enter, type Select Disk 0 then hit enter, type clean then hit enter. Close the command prompt and hit next and windows should install properly.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

My boot drive was created by MediaCreationTool just now.

I'm just installing Ubuntu, after that, I will try your method. No idea what it will do, but I will give it a try in few minutes :)

Thank you

26 minutes ago, Faisal A said:

Try running Linux. That way, if it doesnt work you know your hardware might be faulkty

At this point it would get frozen for third time in a row.  So it is going to be faulty mobo i guess?

15697566265249015850880269881862.jpg

Just now, Faisal A said:

Try running with one stick of ram and a new sata cable

SATA cable is a brand new, I tried to install it to M.2 drive as well. Tried with one RAM stick, too.

28 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Did you create a fresh installation drive? Sounds like you might be installing an older version which doesn't like your new hardware.

Try creating a fresh installer using Microsoft's media creation tool, it will require a working pc and an 8gb usb drive.

Also to fix your other problem reenable UEFI mode in BIOS, boot the installer, when you get to the partition screen press Shift and F12, type Diskpart then hit enter, type Select Disk 0 then hit enter, type clean then hit enter. Close the command prompt and hit next and windows should install properly.

My boot drive was created by MediaCreationTool just now.

I'm just installing Ubuntu, after that, I will try your method. No idea what it will do, but I will give it a try in few minutes :)

Thank you

Would try a BIOS update if any's available, maybe set conservative RAM timings. If it still doesn't work there's likely some faulty hardware.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Would try a BIOS update if any's available, maybe set conservative RAM timings. If it still doesn't work there's likely some faulty hardware.

BIOS is updated. I didn't do nothing with RAM timings, why would I need to set it more conservative? It's like I got a hardware I need to run underclocked? It's faulty then anyway I guess

Gaming MBs sometimes do some "optimizations" out of the box, but yeah they're mild enough that they should not cause problems if there's no defect.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2