Please help, 5.1 Logitech Z606 & DAC how to setup??

Snailyy

Hey forum, 

I recently purchased a Logitech Z606 5.1 Audio system (Speakers Link), for my laptop (Laptop Link) with only 2 ports (Headset AMP + Gold Flash jacks), and I bought an DAC converter (DAC Link),

and I'm having difficulty setting it up.

I have all 3 RCA Cables plugged in my Speakers for "True" surround sound and then plugged into my USB DAC to get it to my laptop but its not working, when I do the test everything works okay but not when I play music or any audio. only the front speakers play but not the bass or any other speakers.

Any help?.

1 hour ago, Snailyy said:

Hey forum, 

I recently purchased a Logitech Z606 5.1 Audio system (Speakers Link), for my laptop (Laptop Link) with only 2 ports (Headset AMP + Gold Flash jacks), and I bought an DAC converter (DAC Link),

and I'm having difficulty setting it up.

I have all 3 RCA Cables plugged in my Speakers for "True" surround sound and then plugged into my USB DAC to get it to my laptop but its not working, when I do the test everything works okay but not when I play music or any audio. only the front speakers play but not the bass or any other speakers.

Any help?.

does it use software to work?

It does, there's an installation disc but it also says its not required to run. My laptop has no disc drive so I went online to find it but I might just download the cd it came with to another pc and move the files over to my laptop and run them there.

Also, as I was taking out the amazon rca cable, it broke one of my jacks on my speaker and its being replaced so I can't even try it, it actually happened as I was writing this post. 

Maybe the way I plugged the cables in is wrong? The front speaker RCA Cable I plugged into "front" on the DAC, the Centre subwoofer cable, into Centre subwoofer on the DAC, and Back speakers for my backspeakers but the Surround sound on the DAC I have nothing plugged into that, not sure if its necessary or how to plug into everything properly more than what I already did.

Also I just assumed it can decode Realtek audio so I'm not sure if thats a thing but it supports 2.1,5.1, & 7.1 for the DAC up to 48khz.

What source are you using to play your audio?

99% of audio tracks are stereo, which will makes sense why it only plays on the fronts. Even "5.1 test tracks" on Youtube are stereo.

If you want to make sure your system is working, go to https://www.dolby.com/us/en/guide/dolby-atmos-trailers.html and download one of the test tracks. If it works, it means your setup is fine.

If you would like stereo to play over all your speakers, i think Realtek has a speaker fill option. If not, just use Equalizer APO.