Planning on Pepsi cooling a PC for fun.

Trying to use Pepsi (diet ofc, trying to keep myself from getting that good old fat from sitting at my pc 24/7) to liquid cool an older PC I picked up for 50 bucks pre built as a fun project. Any suggestions?

my terrible laptop: CPU: i5-2450M at 2.60 ghz base (however goes up to 3.30 ghz on any steam game i run. odd.) GPU: integrated Quadro NVS 4200m (garbage. the reason that this is terrible.) 6GB of ram, 300GB HDD. refurbished Dell Latitude Esomething. got it for like 140 bucks on amazon.

1 minute ago, Andrew 1337 said:

Let the Pepsi go flat before you use it.

Smart. That has actual benefits aswell as keeping me from wanting to drink it.

my terrible laptop: CPU: i5-2450M at 2.60 ghz base (however goes up to 3.30 ghz on any steam game i run. odd.) GPU: integrated Quadro NVS 4200m (garbage. the reason that this is terrible.) 6GB of ram, 300GB HDD. refurbished Dell Latitude Esomething. got it for like 140 bucks on amazon.

Don't expect it to last long.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

3 hours ago, williamcll said:

Considering there is acid in Pepsi yeah...

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

7 hours ago, Vishera said:

Considering there is acid in Pepsi yeah...

I like losing all my components to acid.

11 hours ago, williamcll said:

I'm not really, it's just a fun job.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Budget said:

I like losing all my components to acid.

Neutralize the acid with a stronger base, and get PH testing strips to test it.

Just now, Andrew 1337 said:

Neutralize the acid with a stronger base, and get PH testing strips to test it.

That could work since it's pepsi acid and not deep acid.

It will turn dark green as it reacts with the copper in the loop.

Best bet, stick with cheapo DIY water cooling parts from ebay and aliexpress, stick with aluminium stuff.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 minute ago, Mr. Budget said:

That could work since it's pepsi acid and not deep acid.

Alternatively if you wanted to just mess with everyone and keep it running forever, skip the Pepsi and use caramel color and distilled water.

Then get a glass Pepsi bottle, and a diamond hole saw and make a reservoir by epoxying fittings onto it. Bonus points for repainting the case blue.

image.png.439abded7807eb8f861f8f6747aa402d.png

Just now, SolarNova said:

It will turn dark green as it reacts with the copper in the loop.

Best bet, stick with cheapo DYI water cooling parts from ebay and aliexpress, stick with aluminium stuff.

Once again, fun project. I'm not getting anything better than specs that would cost a total of about $100

1 minute ago, Mr. Budget said:

Once again, fun project. I'm not getting anything better than specs that would cost a total of about $100

Aye go for ..and to end it all, refill with pepsi that isnt flat , throw some menthose into it as well , cap it of quick and stand back :P

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Just now, SolarNova said:

Aye go for ..and to end it all, refill with pepsi that isnt flat , throw some menthose into it as well , cap it of quick and stand back :P

LOL! Yes, put that 2nd grade science project to work!

On 9/30/2019 at 12:19 AM, Ehmc130 said:

Or food coloring maybe?

That's a good idea, I will try that later.