Slow Ethernet Upload

I just got a gigabit per second Ethernet connection in my house. The download speed on speedtest.net reaches 600 mbps, which is enough for me, but my upload speed is only 17-18 mbps. This is slower than my wifi upload speed that reaches around 25 mbps. My friend who lives a couple minutes away also has a gigabit speed and gets 650 mbps down and 550 mbps up. I tried different cables and different devices and none of them change anything. Is there a way to increase the upload speed?Capture.PNG.52df839cdb6768b76534fecdef038487.PNG

@Classica

What type of ISP provider do you have. Cable, Fiber, DSL, Wireless, ETC. To me it looks like you have an asymmetrical connection via something like Cable. 

Also if you are on cable and should be getting higher speeds... Then the problem could be your modem. You probably have an old docsis 3.0 modem and need a new 3.1 modem to take advantage of the additional download speeds and don't have the bonding on the upload channels to hit the upload you are looking for (which isn't going to be 500mbps anyways). So if you rent a cable modem I would reach out to them about getting a new one.

1 hour ago, Classica said:

I just got a gigabit per second Ethernet connection in my house. The download speed on speedtest.net reaches 600 mbps, which is enough for me, but my upload speed is only 17-18 mbps. This is slower than my wifi upload speed that reaches around 25 mbps. My friend who lives a couple minutes away also has a gigabit speed and gets 650 mbps down and 550 mbps up. I tried different cables and different devices and none of them change anything. Is there a way to increase the upload speed?Capture.PNG.52df839cdb6768b76534fecdef038487.PNG

Comes down to ISP type. AT&T offers symmetrical fiber in some areas 1Gbps both ways. Comcast offers Gigabit but only with like a 45 Mbps upload. This is due to the limitations of the cable (Coax) network. Basically if its not a Fiber connection, dont expect a great upload rate. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.