New Ryzen build (2600)

Hi, I'm putting together a new build

it  will be just for gaming , MSI  b450 , ryzen 2600  

just one thing i want to check is the speed for the ram? 

, i keep reading that 3000mhz is the sweet spot for the R5  2600 , ( i do remember that ryzen had some compatibility issues last year too* )

is the 3000mhz still the "sweet spot " or can use 3200mhz ram ? 

like this one from corsair 

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/16gb-2x8gb-corsair-ddr4-vengeance-lpx-black-pc4-25600-3200-non-ecc-unbuff-cas-16-135v-amd-ryzen-opti

* Does Ryzen still have compatibility issues with regards  to ram makes 

Thanks 

Ryzen RAM compatibility is great these days. No need to worry. And yes, 3200 will give you slightly better performance provided you tighten timings

My previous chip was a Ryzen 2600 with 3200mhz RAM and it performed fantastic. Cannot comment on the difference between 3000 vs 3200 but there should be a slight improvement with 3200.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

Thank you both  ?

@5x5 is it necessary  to "tighten" the timings , only asking as the build i'm doing will be for a friend , so he will be  taking care of the PC once it's built ,

and he doesn't know a great deal when it comes to stuff like this , so i'm wanting the PC to be "stock" as possible   

@Brent744 did your  ram work straight away , or did you have to mess around with the timings ? 

Thanks 

8 minutes ago, sykotikman said:

Thank you both  ?

@5x5 is it necessary  to "tighten" the timings , only asking as the build i'm doing will be for a friend , so he will be  taking care of the PC once it's built ,

and he doesn't know a great deal when it comes to stuff like this , so i'm wanting the PC to be "stock" as possible   

@Brent744 did your  ram work straight away , or did you have to mess around with the timings ? 

Thanks 

It's not mandatory but it's wasted performance. High speed and tight timings can result in a good 5-10% boost when comboned

41 minutes ago, sykotikman said:

did your  ram work straight away , or did you have to mess around with the timings ? 

The only thing you have to do is enable the profile1 in XMP through the BIOS to run at the rated speed. All DDR4 RAM runs at 2133mhz out of the box. The advertised speed is the speed in which it can be guaranteed to reach through XMP.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

OK thanks guys , i knew about the XMP   , just wasn't sure if i "needed" to changes the timings or not , 

i want to keep the PC as stock as possible , so it will less likely cause problems for my friend , who's not that clued up on these kind of things ..

(overclocking or changing the ram timings )

thanks again ?