Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer pin out guide + other useful videos

48 minutes ago, modbay.co said:

I actually tried them and found the wirehousing was a tad too small even though the pitch is the same when compared to a picoblade connector. Will take another look to confirm but I also am using the molex ones right now 🙂

ya its confusing to say the least....

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!! I needed the diagrams for Lian li and Barrow, to create a cable to connect my barrow rgb headers from pump and CPU block to the Lian Li uni fan controller.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for this post. This led me to fashion some NZXT RGB to Corsair Commander/Node Pro adapters.

My recent build I used all NZXT hardware... AIOs, PSU, fans, motherboard... I love the look of their hardware, but the software is quite limiting. Decided I wanted to abandon NZXT CAM (can't entirely as I still need it for controlling the CPU and GPU AIOs, and PSU fan speed) and instead control all the fans and RGB through Corsair iCue. What I'm really trying to get at is have every RGB channel respond to a different temperature sensor, so I got 2 Corsair Commanders and 3 Corsair Node Pros for 10 total lighting channels, 8 wired thermal sensors, and 12 fans although I only need 6 fan channels. CAM also doesn't allow me to change the speed of AIO radiator fans based on liquid temp, so as a workaround for example I'll be placing a thermal sensor on each radiator with iCue fan curve and RGB of the NZXT fans to be based on those thermal temps. Wanted to have a clean connection without splicing so I can switch back to CAM if they ever catch up to iCue's feature set.

Here's the part list I used...

Corsair Commander/Node connection (not the RGB hub):

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/molex/0050579403/115034

Pins for the Corsair connection, need 3 per connection, crimped and soldered to the appropriate pins on the NZXT adapters:

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/molex/0016020102/115053

NZXT Motherboard/Hub connection:

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/molex/0353120460/3185042

NZXT "fan"/passthrough connection (this is the smaller connection NZXT uses. this connector is a tight fit but works):

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/jst-sales-america-inc/B04B-PASK(LF)(SN)/926725

6UqgXe7QR8odtkjM9QAbpX2wXjUf53GEXmX7MUID2xSDKniwRZyWPYQTeqz5v6Oh9XwQiso9meUEdfJfT7ZIJ8UFS32gw4IOoBAJPP0EpLKgHAx3SPRC1QSqbJ-uqCLNH1m8zuggjm1L_SRpnybWUuQCBHOppGck8OVGXVkp4fWXQDgS48YqJz7Lj3BBvPim-WJkhRJMATHMeH5crujwejxciz2i5iThtsnKb_UhxSA6M7Oswe2a7WHnBppEq-JZXTPjzMtNWXehKDpuuT4Q5oej0PXjg71DXCGSmYPc3Unja2KVEJ9JhuQhvwBEYdQROxLXhGHyiBKYnb5YYpE8TuGfBIf7y1QqnSsRbgVwHQ7b5r72nuHNoJLqXlH5exsrtegsG_WyDnEnElXEPQv5EQkS6juUeARs0mfqvKyIjY2r8FXNqvaMKCSyjwWPeeIye9DJdNuMI17mMuuX5yoHvWypsypnHLm6vtwPhfAq7Kwcf-9E-380p1XgTNfEVSmPehUq_XL6f9F1Y3OlLw2x9pvUWt2DggncFCfcign6rZjUVBNm_MdL6LE1uE5W1WslQqZhUVX2JuNcIO6lX_Q_mXlzumM207sbFusDISTteGXiEyqn6SsMRYZJSKhXt9DL5ss-BzI_Cqc6H_DJTYlo2dWLrNfdhvIwmzxEkstXbT1TVsHxf9Kcy8zNR52-KEEti0A94F5PsyKA-hjvm6oaCGju=w1716-h1287-no?authuser=0

2 hours ago, dRuEFFECT said:

Thank you for this post. This led me to fashion some NZXT RGB to Corsair Commander/Node Pro adapters.

My recent build I used all NZXT hardware... AIOs, PSU, fans, motherboard... I love the look of their hardware, but the software is quite limiting. Decided I wanted to abandon NZXT CAM (can't entirely as I still need it for controlling the CPU and GPU AIOs, and PSU fan speed) and instead control all the fans and RGB through Corsair iCue. What I'm really trying to get at is have every RGB channel respond to a different temperature sensor, so I got 2 Corsair Commanders and 3 Corsair Node Pros for 10 total lighting channels, 8 wired thermal sensors, and 12 fans although I only need 6 fan channels. CAM also doesn't allow me to change the speed of AIO radiator fans based on liquid temp, so as a workaround for example I'll be placing a thermal sensor on each radiator with iCue fan curve and RGB of the NZXT fans to be based on those thermal temps. Wanted to have a clean connection without splicing so I can switch back to CAM if they ever catch up to iCue's feature set.

Here's the part list I used...

Corsair Commander/Node connection (not the RGB hub):

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/molex/0050579403/115034

Pins for the Corsair connection, need 3 per connection, crimped and soldered to the appropriate pins on the NZXT adapters:

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/molex/0016020102/115053

NZXT Motherboard/Hub connection:

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/molex/0353120460/3185042

NZXT "fan"/passthrough connection (this is the smaller connection NZXT uses. this connector is a tight fit but works):

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/jst-sales-america-inc/B04B-PASK(LF)(SN)/926725

6UqgXe7QR8odtkjM9QAbpX2wXjUf53GEXmX7MUID2xSDKniwRZyWPYQTeqz5v6Oh9XwQiso9meUEdfJfT7ZIJ8UFS32gw4IOoBAJPP0EpLKgHAx3SPRC1QSqbJ-uqCLNH1m8zuggjm1L_SRpnybWUuQCBHOppGck8OVGXVkp4fWXQDgS48YqJz7Lj3BBvPim-WJkhRJMATHMeH5crujwejxciz2i5iThtsnKb_UhxSA6M7Oswe2a7WHnBppEq-JZXTPjzMtNWXehKDpuuT4Q5oej0PXjg71DXCGSmYPc3Unja2KVEJ9JhuQhvwBEYdQROxLXhGHyiBKYnb5YYpE8TuGfBIf7y1QqnSsRbgVwHQ7b5r72nuHNoJLqXlH5exsrtegsG_WyDnEnElXEPQv5EQkS6juUeARs0mfqvKyIjY2r8FXNqvaMKCSyjwWPeeIye9DJdNuMI17mMuuX5yoHvWypsypnHLm6vtwPhfAq7Kwcf-9E-380p1XgTNfEVSmPehUq_XL6f9F1Y3OlLw2x9pvUWt2DggncFCfcign6rZjUVBNm_MdL6LE1uE5W1WslQqZhUVX2JuNcIO6lX_Q_mXlzumM207sbFusDISTteGXiEyqn6SsMRYZJSKhXt9DL5ss-BzI_Cqc6H_DJTYlo2dWLrNfdhvIwmzxEkstXbT1TVsHxf9Kcy8zNR52-KEEti0A94F5PsyKA-hjvm6oaCGju=w1716-h1287-no?authuser=0

thx for the info. ya its a bit confusing.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! Thanks for all this info, it’s a great resource for us who want to make our own cables. 

I want to use 2 or 3 Lian Li UNI’s daisy chained together with a Corsair fan hub. So the cable will go from a 3 pin (UNI’s) to 4 pin (fan hub). I know Pirate Dog makes this 3 pin JST to 4 pin Molex but I’m capable of making my own... with a little bit of help 😁

What do I do with the extra data pin on the Corsair end - jump the 2 data’s together?

And will I get sequential control of the led’s or will all fans produce the same effect at the same time?

Many thanks in advanced 

5 hours ago, Andy_eh said:

WOW! Thanks for all this info, it’s a great resource for us who want to make our own cables. 

I want to use 2 or 3 Lian Li UNI’s daisy chained together with a Corsair fan hub. So the cable will go from a 3 pin (UNI’s) to 4 pin (fan hub). I know Pirate Dog makes this 3 pin JST to 4 pin Molex but I’m capable of making my own... with a little bit of help 😁

What do I do with the extra data pin on the Corsair end - jump the 2 data’s together?

And will I get sequential control of the led’s or will all fans produce the same effect at the same time?

Many thanks in advanced 

i dont no how it will work your never  guaranteed that everything will work. anything split form a header will be the same.

8 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

i dont no how it will work your never  guaranteed that everything will work. anything split form a header will be the same.

Yeah - I’m hoping iCue sees the daisy chained fans as a continuous LED strip so I can have the sequential effect. 

2 hours ago, Andy_eh said:

Yeah - I’m hoping iCue sees the daisy chained fans as a continuous LED strip so I can have the sequential effect. 

corsair products only work with there sofware any thing els you add it might not work. in icue you pick witch fans it attached  and it adjust the animations for that fan if you have more or less leds then what the fan is set up for then some animations wont work or look bad. you no liani sell a controller right?

• 2 months later...

Wow, I can say the information provided are very good. I used ThermalTake Plus series RGB, and it's nice to know which pin connects to what. Ah, too bad. Wish I would have discover this thread before buying another ThermalTake Plus controller.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

• 1 month later...

Just made an account to say thanks Thrasher for this resource. I have one to add.

Lian Li ST120 / Galahad aRGB pinout. At first it appeared to be a 1-to-1 pinout from the motherboard header to this JST SM 4-pin connector. Lucky I checked with multimeter! The ground is moved to pin#3 and the data line is moved to pin#4.

LAx0W0r.jpg

4 minutes ago, WiSK23 said:

Just made an account to say thanks Thrasher for this resource. I have one to add.

Lian Li ST120 / Galahad aRGB pinout. At first it appeared to be a 1-to-1 pinout from the motherboard header to this JST SM 4-pin connector. Lucky I checked with multimeter! The ground is moved to pin#3 and the data line is moved to pin#4.

LAx0W0r.jpg

np odd the that ground and data is switched normally data is in the middle

Edited by thrasher_565

On 9/7/2021 at 11:35 PM, thrasher_565 said:

odd the that ground and data is switched normally data is in the middle

Yes it's strange. Inside the fan the 3 wires are like normal (5V, data, GND). But if you remove the heatshrink, you can see that the wires are switched just before the plug. And then on the included splitter-to-motherboard-header cable, the wires are clearly switched back again. 

6 hours ago, WiSK23 said:

Yes it's strange. Inside the fan the 3 wires are like normal (5V, data, GND). But if you remove the heatshrink, you can see that the wires are switched just before the plug. And then on the included splitter-to-motherboard-header cable, the wires are clearly switched back again. 

hmm so its switch on the uni controller? if so then to hook other jst-sm to it you would have to switch a pin around.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 5:20 AM, thrasher_565 said:

hmm so its switch on the uni controller? if so then to hook other jst-sm to it you would have to switch a pin around.

Just for clarity, these don't use the Lian Li Uni controller. This is the ST120 / Galahad three fan set. It has a hub for the PWM connectors, and the aRGB controller is separate. The Uni controller uses 3-pin connectors with normal pinout, while these use 4-pin aRGB connectors with the ground and data in pins 3 and 4 as I showed above. 

Luckily a box of clone JST-SM connectors and pins are only €10 from amazon so I just redid everything with normal pinout.

2 hours ago, WiSK23 said:

Just for clarity, these don't use the Lian Li Uni controller. This is the ST120 / Galahad three fan set. It has a hub for the PWM connectors, and the aRGB controller is separate. The Uni controller uses 3-pin connectors with normal pinout, while these use 4-pin aRGB connectors with the ground and data in pins 3 and 4 as I showed above. 

Luckily a box of clone JST-SM connectors and pins are only €10 from amazon so I just redid everything with normal pinout.

oh ok. theirs the uni sl old fan, uni al new fan, bora-digital fan old, and st120 witch i did not no about.

• 8 months later...

Thanks for this.

How many special people change?
How many lives are livin' strange?
Where were you while we were getting high?

• 1 year later...

Wow! Great job, @thrasher_565! Too bad you have to buy fans to find it the pin-outs! It's there a good video teaching how to use a multimeter to discover pinouts?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

5 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Wow! Great job, @thrasher_565! Too bad you have to buy fans to find it the pin-outs! It's there a good video teaching how to use a multimeter to discover pinouts?

not that im aware i have not looked in some time but looking on youtube is a pita now adays...

i would look up a fan see if some one did a pinout first. i dont buy any 5 or 6 pin stuff and dont recommend any one els do so.

if it comes with a controller you can find the pin out that way. if you have a pack of fans and there cheap posably you can sacrfice one to find the pinout buy looking at the back pcb. posably sending 5v and ground to some pints might how find witch is the argb and witch is the fan 🤷‍♂️ but i dont no.

then if you didn't want to cut the connector off you have to go to google and look up connectors and try and see witch one it looks like. most of them are some jst xh or something.

Edited by thrasher_565