Buying Laptop from Xotic PC

Hi, I'm creating this post to know how secure is buying a laptop from Xotic PC. I will spend a big amount of money in a Sager gaming laptop and I want to know from someone's else experience about the customer service they have and how secure is to pay like $1,800 with a debit card to avoid losing all that money. I've also read a few posts before where people mention they took like 6 weeks to deliver the laptop, and I would like to know if this happend to anyone to decide if I would have to buy it a few weeks earlier to get it in december 11th-18th

7 minutes ago, R_Albizures said:

$18,000

For a laptop?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

A gaming Laptop, I will also use it for Data Science and Machine Learning. It´s a Sager Np-9176

2 minutes ago, R_Albizures said:

A gaming Laptop, I will also use it for Data Science and Machine Learning. It´s a Sager Np-9176

1800? for i9 ? suspicious

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

2 minutes ago, Wolfycapt said:

1800? for i9 ? suspicious

I miss-type the price (I used the currency of my country)

3 hours ago, R_Albizures said:

Hi, I'm creating this post to know how secure is buying a laptop from Xotic PC. I will spend a big amount of money in a Sager gaming laptop and I want to know from someone's else experience about the customer service they have and how secure is to pay like $1,800 with a debit card to avoid losing all that money. I've also read a few posts before where people mention they took like 6 weeks to deliver the laptop, and I would like to know if this happend to anyone to decide if I would have to buy it a few weeks earlier to get it in december 11th-18th

I would rather get it from HIDevolution because their quality control is better and so is their customer service. In addition, they offer lifetime tech support for free and best of all for international customers like you and me, they have an upgraded warranty option which you can choose that covers shipping costs both ways should anything go wrong with your laptop in the future.

This is the equivalent Clevo Model for that Sager that you mentioned:

EVOC High Performance Systems P775TM1 - 17.3" FHD 60Hz / FHD 144Hz / QHD 120Hz / QFHD 60Hz - i5-9600K / i7-9700K / i9-9900K - GTX 1060 / 1070 / 1080

Most importantly, HIDevolution is a Prema Partner, which means, the laptop will come with the Prema BIOS. I wouldn't ever buy a Clevo laptop if it wasn't with the Prema BIOS because the stock Clevo BIOS has nothing to tweak in the BIOS settings other than the date and a few boot options and it throttles the CPU when both the CPU and GPU are in use simultaneously.

Here are the Prema BIOS benefits:

·         Restores user ability to overclock or underclock the CPU

·         Restores user control over CPU power settings (voltage, watts, amps) for optimal performance and/or thermal efficiency

·         Restores ability to control non-turbo CPU core ratio

·         Restores ability to control CPU c-states and p-states

·         Restores ability to control BCLK (northbridge) and FCLK (System Agent) frequency

·         Restores ability to enable Intel Speed Shift Technology functionality

·         Restores ability to disable Intel Software Guard Extensions (SGX) functionality which is intended for software developers who want to use that feature and causes erratic system behavior

·         Restores ability to control RSR, Watchdog Timer, ASPM, ACPI sleep and hibernation functionality

·         Restores ability to control RAM timings, clock speeds and enables the utilization of XMP profiles

·         Restores ability to control selection of Legacy, UEFI and CSM to install whatever operating system is desired

·         Restores ability to control CPU-based DEP, AES (encryption) and Virtualization

·         Restores ability to control GPU scaling, PCIe speed and power management features

·         Restores control over Thunderbolt and USB 3.1 configuration

·         Restores control over SATA port configuration and Intel LPM. Having the ability to disable drive ports allows exclusive control over what drive receives the BCD/boot sector, system and recovery partitions during Windows Setup and eliminates the need to physically remove non-OS drives when installing a new OS.

I also recommend if you are buying it from HIDevolution, choose "Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut + Fuijipoly Extreme Thermal Pads" in the laptop configurator, that small upgrade alone reduces temps by 15C!!

If you email donald@hidevolution.com who was the salesman I dealt with in the past, he might be able to give you a small discount like he did for me.

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro