x570 + Ryzen 9 3900x Build

Hi, I've just bought the parts for a new itx Ryzen Build...being ages since I've build an AMD rig. The thing is that I've been seeing issues with new BIOS and the x570 mobos (jayTwoCents, etc)...what steps do you recommend to start with the right foot?

This are the parts:

- Ryzen 9 3900x

- NZXT Kraken X52 AIO

- Asrock x570 TB3 ITX

- GSKILL TRIDENTZ NEO 32GB

- WD BLACk PCIe M2

- WD Black 4tb x 2

- Asus Strix GTX 1080 ti

- Corsair SF600

- LIan Li PC-Q39

Thanxs in advance!

Lian Li TU150x - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax - Ryzen 9 3900x - Be Quiet Dark Pro 4 - Asrock RX6800 Ref. Design - Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 32GB - Patriot Burst SATA 240GB - AORUS NVMe Gen4 2TB - PNY CS3030 NVMe Gen3 2TB - Corsair SF750 - Redragon Vishnu K596 - Logitech G604 - Samsung UJ590 32" - Huion GT 221 Pro - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Yamaha HS5

Well, have you bought they parts yet? If so follow a buildguide to have a bit more insight in how to build a pc.

i can recommend bitwit’s one on YouTube - whatever you do don’t watch the verge one.

i mean it should all work out of the box, just some mobo’s act weird - if mobo has USB flashback you can always update to the latest version.

but before this, maybe just build it and see if it runs?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Not much you can do about a wonky BIOS. Given that I would definitely do the ABBA update for your board, but google it first to see if anyone is having issues with that BIOS.

If you don't see a bunch of complaints, go for it. That particular update boosted my 3900X's since core perf a measurable amount.

Asus and ASRock BIOSes are usually fine. Just use a flash drive and update it and you'll be good to go

1 hour ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Well, have you bought they parts yet? If so follow a buildguide to have a bit more insight in how to build a pc.

i can recommend bitwit’s one on YouTube - whatever you do don’t watch the verge one.

i mean it should all work out of the box, just some mobo’s act weird - if mobo has USB flashback you can always update to the latest version.

but before this, maybe just build it and see if it runs?

Hi man, I've been building Rigs since Pentium ?, old as dirt,...what I've meant is what are the recommendations regarding this particular CPU and the issues I've heard with the x570 BIOS...should I install the newest BIOS right from the start?  should I use the one that comes from factory? Should I undervolt the CPU in BIOS? is Ryzen Master software sthg to avoid or use? this sprt of stuff...I'm not planning to OC right from the beggining before everything becomes more stable.....I just want to know the standard hassle and procedures to have it running it with a good temp and without a dangerous voltage, while avoiding some pontential buggy BIOS, there  is so much info outt there that I'm kind of dizzy of what is the best path to take...BTW sorry for my english, clearly not my first lñanguage.

Lian Li TU150x - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax - Ryzen 9 3900x - Be Quiet Dark Pro 4 - Asrock RX6800 Ref. Design - Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 32GB - Patriot Burst SATA 240GB - AORUS NVMe Gen4 2TB - PNY CS3030 NVMe Gen3 2TB - Corsair SF750 - Redragon Vishnu K596 - Logitech G604 - Samsung UJ590 32" - Huion GT 221 Pro - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Yamaha HS5

1 hour ago, Den-Fi said:

Not much you can do about a wonky BIOS. Given that I would definitely do the ABBA update for your board, but google it first to see if anyone is having issues with that BIOS.

If you don't see a bunch of complaints, go for it. That particular update boosted my 3900X's since core perf a measurable amount.

Ok, so you would go with the new ABBA one right from the start? any particular setting that you have applied to the 3900x that you'll recommend?....I'm selling my INTEL rig to my brother and I have a lot of jobs on hold, that we'll need my new AMD build so I want things to go smooth as I can...I wish I could keep both rigs, I'm still missing my old sold X99 rigK was lacking new Ryzen 12 cores chip takes me back (to some at least ) xeon multi core capabilties I've enjoyed in the past that the 8700k was lacking

1 hour ago, 5x5 said:

Asus and ASRock BIOSes are usually fine. Just use a flash drive and update it and you'll be good to go

Yeap I've noticed that mainly were MSI Bios issues, yet I used to have some issues with ASUS in the past..I've only have an Asrock one in the past that work fine, I hope this one too

Edited by LJA

23 minutes ago, LJA said:

Ok, so you would go with the new ABBA one right from the start? any particular setting that you have applied to the 3900x that you'll recommend?....I'm selling my INTEL rig to my brother and I have a lot of jobs on hold, that we'll need my new AMD build so I want things to go smooth as I can...I wish I could keep both rigs, I'm still missing my old sold X99 rigK was lacking new Ryzen 12 cores chip takes me back (to some at least ) xeon multi core capabilties I've enjoyed in the past that the 8700k was lacking

Honestly, if you're using it for work, the only thing I would do after the ABBA update is enabling PBO. Run a benchmark beforehand and see if it improves your score. If it doesn't turn it back off. AMD has gotten Ryzen down to such a science that overclocking is really only a thing you do for fun. XMP/DOCP for sure, but PBO only if it improves performance. For mine it does, but I know a couple others with 3900Xes where it reduces performance. So it's really all about your particular chip. Other than that, like I said, Zen 2 is a platform that is dialed in and knows how to take care of itself.

1 hour ago, LJA said:

Hi man, I've been building Rigs since Pentium ?, old as dirt,...what I've meant is what are the recommendations regarding this particular CPU and the issues I've heard with the x570 BIOS...should I install the newest BIOS right from the start?  should I use the one that comes from factory? Should I undervolt the CPU in BIOS? is Ryzen Master software sthg to avoid or use? this sprt of stuff...I'm not planning to OC right from the beggining before everything becomes more stable.....I just want to know the standard hassle and procedures to have it running it with a good temp and without a dangerous voltage, while avoiding some pontential buggy BIOS, there  is so much info outt there that I'm kind of dizzy of what is the best path to take...BTW sorry for my english, clearly not my first lñanguage.

Oh haha! My bad.

i would install the latest stable bios myself. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD