Cooling for a Corsair 270r

LennyD

Hey guys! Im about to get my new Corsair 270r case in the next couple of weeks and im wondering how will the cooling on it work since all my life i have use side fans on my case.

I currently have 3 Zalman 120mm coolers that i want to use until i get some other. Somebody recommended me the Deepcool RF120 that come in 3 pieces a set because i want the RGB and they seem to do a decent cooling job.

I have an asus gtx 1060 strix and an i5 6500 3.2ghz and from what i heard well at least this cpu series keeps pretty cool.

My questions are:

What fans could i get for it? The only prerequisite for them would be that they have to have RGB and decent cooling.

What would be the orientation for them? I was thinking to use 3 120 mms in front for the intake and the one in the back plus the 2 above for out take? Im not sure i havent really had to deal with cooling dilemmas since all my older cases kept cool with the side fans.

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600x | Motherboard -  MSI B550-A PRO | RAM 4x Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 8GB, DDR4, 3600MHz | Graphics Card -ASUS STRIX 1060 6 GB| Power Supply - Corsair RM650x  | Case - Corsair Carbide Series 275R

Considering your specs, a good rear exhaust would already be enough for cooling. 

A fan for front intake and rear exhaust would be plenty. Are you sure you want to put a bunch of rgb fans at the front? They'd be mostly obscured by the front and side panels. 

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

12 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Considering your specs, a good rear exhaust would already be enough for cooling. 

A fan for front intake and rear exhaust would be plenty. Are you sure you want to put a bunch of rgb fans at the front? They'd be mostly obscured by the front and side panels. 

Where are you shopping / located? Budget?

Romania. Probably RGB fans for the parts that can be seen.

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600x | Motherboard -  MSI B550-A PRO | RAM 4x Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 8GB, DDR4, 3600MHz | Graphics Card -ASUS STRIX 1060 6 GB| Power Supply - Corsair RM650x  | Case - Corsair Carbide Series 275R

1 minute ago, LennyD said:

Romania. Probably RGB fans for the parts that can be seen.

What's your budget?

Are you just using the stock cpu cooler? Looks are subjective but if you're literally spending money just for looks, I think rgb fans on the cooler and rear exhaust would be the best way to go. The front can be filled with the stock case fans or the Zalman fans you already have. What's the model name of the fans you have?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 9/20/2019 at 10:50 PM, WoodenMarker said:

What's your budget?

Are you just using the stock cpu cooler? Looks are subjective but if you're literally spending money just for looks, I think rgb fans on the cooler and rear exhaust would be the best way to go. The front can be filled with the stock case fans or the Zalman fans you already have. What's the model name of the fans you have?

Sorry for the late reply. Im willing to spend about 50 US dollars for them i was really looking for a set though but i guess individual options can suffice too. Yes i have the stock cpu cooler since i heard the 6500 isnt really that hot. The fans are Zalman Shark Fin, 120 mm, pretty basic.

16 hours ago, LennyD said:

Sorry for the late reply. Im willing to spend about 50 US dollars for them i was really looking for a set though but i guess individual options can suffice too. Yes i have the stock cpu cooler since i heard the 6500 isnt really that hot. The fans are Zalman Shark Fin, 120 mm, pretty basic.

So ZM-SF3's? They seem like alright fans and should already be enough for cooling when used at the front for intake.

You can add just about any fans at the rear or top for exhaust and they should be fine. 

What motherboard are you using?

14 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

So ZM-SF3's? They seem like alright fans and should already be enough for cooling when used at the front for intake.

You can add just about any fans at the rear or top for exhaust and they should be fine. 

What motherboard are you using?

Yes, the ZM-SF3.I got an Asus prime z270-p like a month ago.

3 hours ago, LennyD said:

Asus prime z270-p

Does that have an rgb header? I'm having trouble finding one if it's present on the board. 

19 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Does that have an rgb header? I'm having trouble finding one if it's present on the board. 

No it does not.

1 hour ago, LennyD said:

No it does not.

In that case, the Deepcool RF120 3-pack seems to be the way to go since it comes with a hardware controller.