best air cooler

gampla

Hyper 212 evo, for the price anyways.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

maybe but without the fan i have a 155mm max heigh and the evo212 (coolermaster link) is 159

evo 212 (scan link)

Silverstone NT06-P or NH-L12 are good.

The 212 Evo is 158mm tall. The OP only has 125mm of clearance.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

maybe but without the fan i have a 155mm max heigh and the evo212 (coolermaster link) is 159

evo 212 (scan link)

You have a 30mm thick side panel fan? that's pretty thick..

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Silverstone NT06-P or NH-L12 are good.

The 212 Evo is 158mm tall. The OP only has 125mm of clearance.

Yea I was going to look that up cause I couldn't remember, but my internet is giving me fits. I apologize. :(

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

NH-U12s

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

i have a 25mm fan but i want a bit more clearance if i keep the fan in place its only another intake fan

What case are you using?

its too big noctua site is showing as a 158mm height

You are looking at the NH-U14s, the NH-U12s is only 120mm tall.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

im using antec one midi case as i got it for a christmas present

Why not go for liquid cooling, h100 or something like that? Takes up far less room.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert Pirsig 

nh_u12s.png

The NH-U12S is the latest 12cm model of Noctua’s classic U-series single tower CPU coolers, which have received more than 400 awards and recommendations from the international press. The S-version’s 45mm slim shape guarantees 100% compatibility with tall RAM modules and at the same time, its fine-tuned design and the class-leading NF-F12 FocusedFlow™ fan with PWM support for fully automatic speed control allow it to further improve its predecessor’s renowned quiet cooling performance. Topped off with the trusted, pro-grade SecuFirm2™ multi-socket mounting system, Noctua’s proven NT-H1 thermal compound and full 6 years manufacturer’s warranty, the NH-U12S is a complete premium quality solution that combines outstanding performance, quiet operation and excellent compatibility.

Socket compatibility   Intel LGA2011 (Square ILM), LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA1150 & AMD AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, FM1, FM2, FM2+ (backplate required)       Height (without fan)   158 mm ^     Width (without fan)   125 mm       Depth (without fan)   45 mm       Height (with fan)   158 mm ^     Width (with fan)   125 mm       Depth (with fan)   71 mm       Weight (without fan)   580 g       Weight (with fan)   755 g       Material   Copper (base and heat-pipes), aluminium (cooling fins), soldered joints & nickel plating       Fan compatibility   120x120x25

Noctua NH-L12 keeps my CPU under 50°c at maximum load

finally someone whos reading 

for people who need my case stats

Model Antec One Case Type Mid-Tower Color(s) Black Cooling System - One 120 mm top exhaust fan

- One 120 mm rear exhaust fan

- One 120 mm side intake fan (optional)

- One 120 mm front intake fan (optional)

- One 120 mm / 140 mm bottom fan (optional) Drive Bays - Three 5.25" drive bays

- Five 3.5" drive bays

- Two 2.5" drive bays Front Ports - 2 x USB 3.0 with included USB 2.0 adapter

- Audio In/Out Expansion Slots /

video card size - Seven expansion slots

- 10.5" (266 mm) maximum video card size PSU No Power Supply included Motherboard Support Standard ATX, microATX, Mini-ITX CPU Cutout Maximum-sized CPU Cutout Cable Management N/A Side panel features N/A Dimensions

- 18.2" (H) x 9.5" (W) x 20.9" (D) /

- 463 mm (H) x 241 mm (W) x 530 mm (D)

Weight - Net Weight: 10.8 lbs / 4.9 kg

- Gross Weight: 12.5 lbs / 5.6 kg Maximum CPU cooler height 6.1" ; 155 mm

im using antec one midi case as i got it for a christmas present

You should be easily able to fit the 212 Evo in that case.

You are looking at the NH-U14s, the NH-U12s is only 120mm tall.

...What?

Not sure which cooler you are talking about at this point. The u14s is 165mm tall. The u12s is 158mm tall.

...What?

Not sure which cooler you are talking about at this point. The u14s is 165mm tall.

I am telling him to get the NH-U12s

and what me and woodenmarker are saying it its too tall look on here

Oh, that is weird, it says here "Classic 120mm tower size for excellent overall compatibility"

Phanteks 

PH-TC14CS.

Comes in black, red, blue, and silver. Very low and very good!

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."