Budget phone to go for? Used

Adjo

My dad is looking for a phone, after having a Samsung Galaxy S5 for a long time now and being really slow for todays standards. 

I've been looking at some Xiaomi's, S8 (but I'm not sure if it's the best idea to buy a phone made with all glass) and the Samsung A50. The A50 looks great. A big battery, plenty storage, good screen, fingerprint reader, fast charging and so on. I think he mostly cares about a long lasting battery, camera and that it's quick (over time as well as he's probably gonna keeping it for a few years. The A50 uses the Exynos 9610 processor, I'm not too familiar with Exynos, Kirin and all the other processors. I kind of know what I should go for with Snapdragon processors, but I guess I'd like to know if I can expect the phone to be quick in 2-3 years time, with the Exynos 9610 processor?

He mostly wants to go for used phones, so I'm looking at mostly last years budget phones. He's planning to use around 220 USD. (I do not use dollars, but thats what it would be in dollars). 

I would assume, if he's gonna buy used that you'd have to think a few houndred dollars less than retail value since it's used. Is there perhaps any other phones or brands I should take a look at? 

8 hours ago, Adjo said:

My dad is looking for a phone, after having a Samsung Galaxy S5 for a long time now and being really slow for todays standards. 

I've been looking at some Xiaomi's, S8 (but I'm not sure if it's the best idea to buy a phone made with all glass) and the Samsung A50. The A50 looks great. A big battery, plenty storage, good screen, fingerprint reader, fast charging and so on. I think he mostly cares about a long lasting battery, camera and that it's quick (over time as well as he's probably gonna keeping it for a few years. The A50 uses the Exynos 9610 processor, I'm not too familiar with Exynos, Kirin and all the other processors. I kind of know what I should go for with Snapdragon processors, but I guess I'd like to know if I can expect the phone to be quick in 2-3 years time, with the Exynos 9610 processor?

He mostly wants to go for used phones, so I'm looking at mostly last years budget phones. He's planning to use around 220 USD. (I do not use dollars, but thats what it would be in dollars). 

I would assume, if he's gonna buy used that you'd have to think a few houndred dollars less than retail value since it's used. Is there perhaps any other phones or brands I should take a look at? 

You can look at LGs V20, it's got a removable battery so even if it's worn you can swap it for a fresh one. It's got a headphone jack, MIL spec, USB-C, Quad-DAC and a few other unique features. Downside is it's not officially supported by LG anymore, and finding OEM equipment is difficult, but if you can manage it's still a decent device despite being a couple years old.

i got the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, 64GB/4GB RAM, 6.30'' for 182 and yea even thou its glass got this case to protect it. its a solid fast phone

for what he wants to spend theres no reason to buy used...theres some good phones in that price range this is a gsm phone  att/tmobile/metro

crap just remembered what provider? that will determine what phone you get

verison/sprint is cdma