Is the latest Windows 10 bugged? Minimized windows sometimes will not open

acosta

Hi,

I just bought a new laptop, my previous laptop had this same issue (I didn't buy a new laptop for this reason, but I thought it would disappear)... When I went and bought the laptop from someone I noticed it happen, and even after reinstalling the OS it hasn't fixed the problem, so what the hell is wrong with Windows 10?

Here is an exact description of the issue:

I open Firefox, use it, and then after I minimize it and then click the program on the taskbar to restore it, Firefox does not restore, it makes the classic Windows error sound (the sound that happens when you try and do something that Windows can't do, like clicking something that can't be clicked).

Literally all you have to do is imagine this, Firefox is open, you minimize it, then click it to restore it, doesn't restore, makes error sound, it's simple and I can't really explain it any more than that.

Right-clicking it doesn't solve the issue, using Task Manager to restore it doesn't fix it... The one thing that did work was using Task View, which produced the error sound the first time but worked the second time.

I'm not looking for alternative workaround to fix the issue, I want to be able to use the computer normally without there being some knack to using it.

Thanks for the help, is anyone else experiencing this?

Never knew Win10 has this issue. From googling suggested workarounds are

Holding Ctrl + Shift and right clicking the Firefox taskbar icon and clicking Restore or Maximise

Or restart File Explorer process from Task Manger (pres Ctrl + Shift + Escape) in processes tab scroll down to Windows Explorer and click Restart.