Educational Requests of Companies

Hello all!

I will preface this by saying that I did not find a category besides "General Discussion" to post this topic in. If I am mistaken and this belongs somewhere else, please let me know so I may correct the error.

So I am currently a student at ECSU (Eastern Connecticut State University), and I was googling around to see if there were any educational sponsorship tech companies like intel, AMD, Asus, Corsair, etc. did for tech-based clubs at Universities. I am a part of ECSU's Computer Science club, and since I am a computer-building enthusiast, I wanted to teach everyone about how to do it along with troubleshooting skills. I do not have a decent budget (University kinda sucks away my money :P ) and neither does the ECSU Computer Science club. We do have plans for fund-raisers, but I also wanted to see if there were any ways to contact the companies listed above to see if they wanted to donate certain components for educational purposes (like a very basic pentium intel processor or a single stick of RAM, etc.). I am not sure how to contact these companies about it, and I do not want to use their contact emails (mainly for customer service) only to have them say "this email / phone number is only for customer service," and then be stuck wondering what to do. 

Figured I'd ask around to see if anyone is knowledgeable on this before I go and attempt the jumping-through-hoops that is contacting companies about things other than customer support. Thanks for the read! Hope everyone's doing awesome!

Sincerely,

-Darkroe

Well you can probably email their PR team or something idk.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

In my experience, CS can and will transfer you very far up the chain if you sound professional, respectful, and explain yourself well.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Intel and nVidia have sponsored educational programs here. Mainly to get games optimized for their hardware. But hardware companies are different. Sponsorship is all about can they get something out of it. If you can show that their brand gets well represented, then you will have chance for making deal.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

their pr team is a good place to start.

and honestly in this day and age, reaching out on twitter could get you pointed in the right direction

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.