First time building a PC need advice on this parts list

So I recently got into this PCMR stuff and I finally have the money to build my own PC. I made this first build after doing a lot of research. I plan to use it for mostly gaming and writing code. I really wanted it to look cool so I have a lot of RGB components and I decided to go with the XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card which may have higher temps but is faster than the 1070 and the case has enough fans for cooling. My original parts list was just terrible with no SSD and a high priced fan that I didn't need. I also have a 1.2k budget but I went a bit over for a better CPU.

Mostly I'm wondering if the CPU is good enough, is the motherboard reliable enough, and do I need more fans. But again this is my first time building a PC so all comments and suggestions welcome.

I am also using a Dell U2410 monitor that my parents weren't using.

Hey dude,

I wouldn't get a blower style cooler. Get something like the XFX Radeon 5700 XT THICC II. It has a massive heatsink and is better than a blower style cooler. 

You can also get a much cheaper case (but it is ur choice) such as the phanteks p350x.

finally u don't necessarily need to buy Windows 10, (Linus did a vid about it), but you can if you want it to be totally 100% legit. because the free way is just downloading but not registering it (there is a download link on the windows website)

I think u got a pretty good build there and, after you have enough money, I would recommend to buy a better monitor :)

I would say, get a slightly cheaper build and a better monitor first, and then upgrade the gpu/cpu when u want. you could easily get away running a 3600 or even a 2600 and save a hundred bucks or so.

23 minutes ago, rapidthun7er said:

So I recently got into this PCMR stuff and I finally have the money to build my own PC. I made this first build after doing a lot of research. I plan to use it for mostly gaming and writing code. I really wanted it to look cool so I have a lot of RGB components and I decided to go with the XFX Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card which may have higher temps but is faster than the 1070 and the case has enough fans for cooling. 

<snip>

10 minutes ago, Cobbwebbros said:

I wouldn't get a blower style cooler. Get something like the XFX Radeon 5700 XT THICC II. It has a massive heatsink and is better than a blower style cooler. 

If you're not confident with flashing your GFX BIOS (or waiting), I'd go for the PowerColor RX 5700 XT Red Devil. The XFX THICC has a problem with its fan curve that will be (eventually) addressed with a BIOS update. Have a look at the video by Hardware Unboxed - XFX RX 5700 XT THICC II, Great Looking Graphics Card for further clarification.

If you want to put that $100 back in your pocket, or put it to something else, give Linux a try. Other than a few compatibility issues, it works about just as well. And in the end, if you don't really like it, you can always keep that $100 just in case

Here is an RGB version of the above build posted by @hello_there_123 but you can save all that money and literally do no RGB and get pretty much the same performance for less price if you go with his build.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($194.79 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler  ($44.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($149.89 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($109.98 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB Video Card  ($409.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P350X ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 500 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1155.60
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-12 19:49 EDT-0400

Also the Ryzen 5 3600 is a better CPU for gaming and even for productivity in some cases and no need to spend $100 on Windows, just grab a $3 key from eBay and you are good to go.

No you will not need the additional 4 pin connector to power 3600 even while overclocking.

I'll recommend something like this instead....

Also added in a 1440p 144hz monitor. I have had that monitor in the past, it has got a TN panel and have decent colours. If you can spend a little bit more then I'll recommend a VA or IPS panel for better colours.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($194.79 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.85 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($79.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($59.98 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB CHALLENGER D OC Video Card  ($413.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR600 (w/o ODD) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($75.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Formula Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($69.99) 
Monitor: Acer KG271U Abmiipx 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  ($239.93 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1249.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-12 23:19 EDT-0400

PSU Link - https://www.newegg.com/bitfenix-formula-gold-series-bp-fm550ulag-7r-550w/p/N82E16817376010

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

3 hours ago, hello_there_123 said:

Don't you think that this is an expensive 3000mhz cl15 ram kit. 3200mhz cl16 kits can be had for similar prices.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

3 minutes ago, VEXICUS said:

Don't you think that this is an expensive 3000mhz cl15 ram kit. 3200mhz cl16 kits can be had for similar prices.

Micron E die... 

2 hours ago, hello_there_123 said:

Micron E die... 

It's also based on the assumption that the OP wants to do any memory tuning beyond enabling the profile. Considering they're new to computer building, I'm inclined to think that they might not be.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.