Corsair HD120 RGB case fans?

I built a gaming/editing PC recently, specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb 3200mhz

Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

GPU: XFX RX 580 8GB Black Edition

PSU: Bitfenix Formula Gold 650 Watt

Case: Cooler Master Masterbox MB500

I'd like to replace the stock fans with new ones, and I'm even planning on putting a 360mm radiator in the front. I'm thinking of using Corsair HD120 RGB fans in the entire thing, but I've read that they are mostly good for static pressure situations, and not so much for airflow... is that true? Should I switch to the LL fans? Or would I put HD fans on my radiator and LL fans on the top/back for the exhaust?

9 minutes ago, Aaralli said:

but I've read that they are mostly good for static pressure situations, and not so much for airflow... is that true?

Increased static pressure fans are optimized for pushing air through stuff like a radiator, so why would you want to switch? Generally I find that static pressure fans do really well for the vast majority of uses, with so many dust filters and cooling towers to block airflow.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Increased static pressure fans are optimized for pushing air through stuff like a radiator, so why would you want to switch?

Well yeah, I agree with that, but for the exhaust, wouldn't static pressure fans not work as well as airflow optimized fans like the LL ones from Corsair?

Just now, Aaralli said:

Well yeah, I agree with that, but for the exhaust, wouldn't static pressure fans not work as well as airflow optimized fans like the LL ones from Corsair?

The exhaust is still partially blocked, static pressure fans wouldn't exactly be losing potential 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

The exhaust is still partially blocked, static pressure fans wouldn't exactly be losing potential 

My exhaust is the top and rear of my case, and there aren't dust filters or anything there... isn't that as clear as it can be? Is it at all possible that using static pressure fans would not be as effective in that case as airflow ones?

If you have any restriction  - including radiators, fan filters, or even an aggresive fan grill, you will probably be better off with static pressure fans.

9900K  / Asus Maximus Formula XI / 32Gb G.Skill RGB 4266mHz / 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1TB Samsung 970 Evo / EVGA 3090 FTW3.

2 loops : XSPC EX240 + 2x RX360 (CPU + VRMs) / EK Supremacy Evo & RX480 + RX360 (GPU) / Optimus W/B. 2 x D5 pumps / EK Res

8x NF-A2x25s, 14 NF-F12s and a Corsair IQ 140 case fan / CM HAF Stacker 945 / Corsair AX 860i

LG 38GL950G & Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Duckyshine 6 YOTR / Logitech G502 / Thrustmaster Warthog & TPR / Blue Yeti / Sennheiser HD599SE / Astro A40s

Valve Index, Knuckles & 2x Lighthouse V2

3 minutes ago, WihGlah said:

If you have any restriction  - including radiators, fan filters, or even an aggresive fan grill, you will probably be better off with static pressure fans.

What would you consider to be restrictive? Here are some images of my case if that helps...1871717026_Screenshot(41).thumb.png.1e92245f9ba260a2672b3c50f841b0fc.png79294020_Screenshot(40).thumb.png.eb7dcbb93584393cb5b58f86fc1a4c43.png1685315500_Screenshot(39).thumb.png.9a328f554b03a88d4c65f09f95fed9c3.png1349688242_Screenshot(42).thumb.png.b4379a89713cfc25a71539829e8c2940.png  

15 minutes ago, Aaralli said:

What would you consider to be restrictive? Here are some images of my case if that helps...1871717026_Screenshot(41).thumb.png.1e92245f9ba260a2672b3c50f841b0fc.png79294020_Screenshot(40).thumb.png.eb7dcbb93584393cb5b58f86fc1a4c43.png1685315500_Screenshot(39).thumb.png.9a328f554b03a88d4c65f09f95fed9c3.png1349688242_Screenshot(42).thumb.png.b4379a89713cfc25a71539829e8c2940.png  

yup

9900K  / Asus Maximus Formula XI / 32Gb G.Skill RGB 4266mHz / 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1TB Samsung 970 Evo / EVGA 3090 FTW3.

2 loops : XSPC EX240 + 2x RX360 (CPU + VRMs) / EK Supremacy Evo & RX480 + RX360 (GPU) / Optimus W/B. 2 x D5 pumps / EK Res

8x NF-A2x25s, 14 NF-F12s and a Corsair IQ 140 case fan / CM HAF Stacker 945 / Corsair AX 860i

LG 38GL950G & Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Duckyshine 6 YOTR / Logitech G502 / Thrustmaster Warthog & TPR / Blue Yeti / Sennheiser HD599SE / Astro A40s

Valve Index, Knuckles & 2x Lighthouse V2

Whether a fan is 'static pressure' or 'airflow' is fairly arbitrary and the labels don't inherently make a fan better because the area is or isn't restrictive. The best fan is the one that delivers as much airflow as possible while having enough static pressure for where its being used. Some fans are just better than others. 

LL's seem to have a similar design to HD120's but have shorter fan blades and perform worse. They're not top performers in any regard. Their advantage is the wide range of lighting options. 

What rad are you using and why are you looking at these fans in particular? Why a 360mm? The 2600x is fairly easy to cool. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Whether a fan is 'static pressure' or 'airflow' is fairly arbitrary and the labels don't inherently make a fan better because the area is or isn't restrictive. The best fan is the one that delivers as much airflow as possible while having enough static pressure for where its being used. Some fans are just better than others. 

LL's seem to have a similar design to HD120's but have shorter fan blades and perform worse. They're not top performers in any regard. Their advantage is the wide range of lighting options. 

What rad are you using and why are you looking at these fans in particular? Why a 360mm? The 2600x is fairly easy to cool. 

I know the HD fans perform well, but everything I've ever read or watched on youtube has said that the LL fans are good for airflow. I will admit, I'm looking at Corsair fans simply because they look really good, and I already have Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM... I chose a 360mm radiator because I'm overclocking, and I will want to upgrade my CPU when games in the future require it. I'd be willing to bet that AMD will keep their promise to have the 4th gen Ryzen chips work on my motherboard. My current processor has 6 cores. In the future I may get one that has 12 or something. More power, more heat, more overclocking. This radiator should hopefully last a long time and last through any CPU. I'm also aware that with Noctua's massive range of fans, they are generally the best option if looking for pure performance, but as I said before, I really want my PC to look as good as possible, and ARGB stuff might just make that happen for me.

2 hours ago, Aaralli said:

I know the HD fans perform well, but everything I've ever read or watched on youtube has said that the LL fans are good for airflow.

I really want my PC to look as good as possible, and ARGB stuff might just make that happen for me.

LL fans aren't particularly good for airflow as much as they're just bad where static pressure or high performance is needed. 

If it's a matter of looks, go for whichever looks better. LL's are fine if you don't mind sacrificing some performance. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.