Just now, 5x5 said:

How will you handle the pump noise then? It's usually louder than an FDB fan

No, my Hydro Series H60 is dead quiet. It's Corsair AIO H60

10 minutes ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

Then just use that.

15 hours ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

I reject over 65C GPU and CPU temp

Why? There's no practical benefit to excessively low temps. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 9/11/2019 at 4:02 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Why? There's no practical benefit to excessively low temps. 

Constant high temperature will shorten the lifespan of components, which is what I believe in.

14 hours ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

Constant high temperature will shorten the lifespan of components, which is what I believe in.

65c is pretty low though. 80-90c is within the safe operating ranges of the cpu and gpu.

The difference between 80c vs. 65c for cpu / gpu lifespan is practical negligible -- like from 20+ years to 22+ years. Other components on the graphics card or motherboard are likely to fail long before that due to the higher complexity. Heat cycling is probably a bigger contributor to degradation than just high temps. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 9/11/2019 at 3:50 PM, Tiffanysinyee said:

I m not a believer in Air Cooler, I will go for AIO Water Cooler.

You wont believe until you run a top tier air cooler yourself.

JayzTwoCent, and Linus did a video about AIO vs Air Cooler. Air cooler for the winner!

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

8 hours ago, PotatoCanDo! said:

You wont believe until you run a top tier air cooler yourself.

JayzTwoCent, and Linus did a video about AIO vs Air Cooler. Air cooler for the winner!

But I am really upset by the noise...

1 hour ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

What noise? 

Both air cooling and liquid cooling uses fans. 

4 hours ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

Air cooler noise source is only from fan, AIO noise source are from fan and pump. You choose!

Air cooler is more niosy than AIO?

LMFAO

You wont trust until you buy both and compare yourself. Air cooler is more quiet than mainstream AIOs.

Custom water cooling loop can be more quiet than air cooler with some conditions, but for AIO, air cooler is more quiet than AIO.

SILVER GLINT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X || Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi || Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz || GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT || Storage: Intel 660P Series || PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum || Case: Phanteks Evolv Shift TG Modded || Cooling: EKWB ZMT Tubing, Velocity Strike RGB, Vector RX 5700 +XT Special Edition, EK-Quantum Kinetic FLT 120 DDC, and EK Fittings || Fans: Noctua NF-F12 (2x), NF-A14, NF-A12x15

8 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What noise? 

Both air cooling and liquid cooling uses fans. 

The Bitfenix Prodigy case fan is noiseless

5 hours ago, PotatoCanDo! said:

Air cooler noise source is only from fan, AIO noise source are from fan and pump. You choose!

Air cooler is more niosy than AIO?

LMFAO

You wont trust until you buy both and compare yourself. Air cooler is more quiet than mainstream AIOs.

Custom water cooling loop can be more quiet than air cooler with some conditions, but for AIO, air cooler is more quiet than AIO.

Oh I see. Maybe I have setup my current rig wrongly then. I can hear no noise from the AIO. Anyway, I am more interested to know if the two fans of an 240 mm AIO is sufficient to blow the air out.

3 hours ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

The Bitfenix Prodigy case fan is noiseless

If it's off, sure. Any moving fan isn't silent. It may be quiet enough that you can't hear it but it doesn't meant it doesn't make any noise that anyone else with more sensitive hearing can pick up. I can easily hear the stock Prodigy fans. They're not necessarily loud but they're not nearly as quiet as some of the aftermarket alternatives like many of Noctua or BeQuiet!' fans. 

Are you unable to tell if the system is on via noise?

3 hours ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

I am more interested to know if the two fans of an 240 mm AIO is sufficient to blow the air out.

The stock case fans should already be sufficient. 

On 9/11/2019 at 3:58 PM, Tiffanysinyee said:

compare it to good air cooler, and test them at the same noise level, I believe that the air cooler will perform better.

SILVER GLINT

On 9/13/2019 at 2:31 PM, WoodenMarker said:

65c is pretty low though. 80-90c is within the safe operating ranges of the cpu and gpu.

The difference between 80c vs. 65c for cpu / gpu lifespan is practical negligible -- like from 20+ years to 22+ years. Other components on the graphics card or motherboard are likely to fail long before that due to the higher complexity. Heat cycling is probably a bigger contributor to degradation than just high temps. 

Thanks for the advice, I think other ambient noise actually make it not noticeable.

By the way, I want to replace my Corsair Hydro Series H60 AIO system with another Corsair 240 mm AIO or Cooler Master 240 mm AIO. But I have a question here: my mobo Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe offers only 1 CPU fan and 1 Chassis fan. Forget about the Chassis fan for the time being. 

When I install the new AIO, there are two cables that come with the system, do I plug the one of the two cables to the CPU fan header on my mobo and leave the other (which I believe is for RGB lightings) am I right?

And would you recommend Cooler Master or Corsair?

14 hours ago, PotatoCanDo! said:

compare it to good air cooler, and test them at the same noise level, I believe that the air cooler will perform better.

it occupies space. AIO can make the case interior neat, I suppose.

10 hours ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

By the way, I want to replace my Corsair Hydro Series H60 AIO system with another Corsair 240 mm AIO or Cooler Master 240 mm AIO. But I have a question here: my mobo Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe offers only 1 CPU fan and 1 Chassis fan. Forget about the Chassis fan for the time being. 

When I install the new AIO, there are two cables that come with the system, do I plug the one of the two cables to the CPU fan header on my mobo and leave the other (which I believe is for RGB lightings) am I right?

And would you recommend Cooler Master or Corsair?

I'm not sure which cables you're referring to. 

Which specific coolers are you looking at and why do you want to replace the cooler?

10 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

I'm not sure which cables you're referring to. 

Which specific coolers are you looking at and why do you want to replace the cooler?

Jump to 02:18 and watch through to 02:29. At 02:18 I have the CPU fan header. 

At 02:28, I think my mobo does NOT have that header. My question is if i don't connect that cable, would the cooler spin up?

2 minutes ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

Jump to 02:18 and watch through to 02:29. At 02:18 I have the CPU fan header. 

At 02:28, I think my mobo does NOT have that header. My question is if i don't connect that cable, would the cooler spin up?

They're just fan headers and can support fans or pumps as long as they're not too power hungry. The cpu_fan header is just color coded to be more visible. 

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

They're just fan headers and can support fans or pumps as long as they're not too power hungry. The cpu_fan header is just color coded to be more visible. 

My cooler is 6+ years old and I have not maintained it or cleaned it regular all these years.

I notice that between fins, 99% of them are blocked by dust and I don't think air can breathe through.

And I want to upgrade my rig partially with a new case and an AIO.

Can you confirm me one more time, am I correct that only connecting the CPU header will be sufficient to get the AIO kicked off?

1 minute ago, Tiffanysinyee said:

Can you confirm me one more time, am I correct that only connecting the CPU header will be sufficient to get the AIO kicked off?

Connecting what to the cpu fan header? Which specific coolers are you looking at?

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Connecting what to the cpu fan header? Which specific coolers are you looking at?

Nothing

I figure it out