Help! Sapphire Radeon RX580 not working!

Soul0310

So I have set up a desktop with these parts:

Mobo: MSI AMD B450-A Pro

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G

Ram: Ballistix 8GB DDR4- 2666

and a EVGA 450BT 

The system was working fine on integrated Graphics and all up to date but when I plugged my Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 and turned my system on it was working for a little bit and I changed some settings so it fit my display properly and when I went to Run Squad (a Game) it was loading and I turned away, when I looked back my screen was black and I let it sit for a while but I thought it just crashed or something so I completely shut off my Desktop and now it won't connect to my Dedicated Graphics at all and the MSI Bios says it is not detecting anything in any of my slots.

I have repeatedly changed slots and turned it on and off and tried to check drivers but I don't know why it worked but as soon as I ran a game it died (I did buy this second hand on Ebay so a quick help might be nice so I can return this in time if I need to)

I bought it used on Ebay

Just now, xhackforeverxdx said:

Did u use this card before or did u buy it used ? 

Just now, david96 said:

However, this list did not include metal compatible cards that currently work in ... macOS Mojave deprecates support for a number of legacy features of the OS. .... XFX AMD Radeon RX 580 GTS is one of the Metal-capable graphics cards you .

I found out Apple uses special firmware and for a card to work it needs an EFI flash ... Provided a list of compatible graphics cards (with metal support)- before i ... Official AMD PC drivers are not compatible with Mac versions of the graphic.

nbiclearancecom

What?

1 minute ago, Soul0310 said:

I bought it used on Ebay

Mhh do u have another system that u could teste the Card in ? If its not showing up in the bios it could be a prob with the boards pci slot (Unlikely) or someone sold u a bad Card on ebay ^^

Mhh do u have another system that u could teste the Card in ? If its not showing up in the bios it could be a prob with the boards pci slot (Unlikely) or someone sold u a bad Card on ebay ^^

There is a reason I bought it on Ebay xD I don't have the money for a second system but all my PCI slots shouldn't have died from me plugging it in and trying to run one game 

Just now, Soul0310 said:

There is a reason I bought it on Ebay xD I don't have the money for a second system but all my PCI slots shouldn't have died from me plugging it in and trying to run one game 

Like i said a Problem with the Board is very unlikely :D Do u maybe know someone that would let u test the Card in there system to be 100% sure that Card is not working ? 

Turn on the system with the iGPU, then uninstall all graphics driver (disconnect from net if possible)

Then swap cables, plug it on the gpu and start the install process (you suppose to have downloaded the drivers before though:) )

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Just now, Constantin said:

Turn on the system with the iGPU, then uninstall all graphics driver (disconnect from net if possible)

Then swap cables, plug it on the gpu and start the install process (you suppose to have downloaded the drivers before though:) )

Maybe i am wrong but can it really be a driver Prob when the gpu does not even show up in the Bios ? 

1 minute ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Like i said a Problem with the Board is very unlikely :D Do u maybe know someone that would let u test the Card in there system to be 100% sure that Card is not working ? 

I live in Rural Michigan and know no one with a desktop of there own so I don't think that works.

2 minutes ago, Constantin said:

I also don't know how to reactivate my iGPU if I do that and if the Card is Dead then wouldn't that leave my computer unable to display anything and I updated the Drivers Via AMDs Auto Detect and Install, but the card worked fine for like 5 minutes and now it died and doens't show up anywhere

16 minutes ago, Soul0310 said:

I plugged my Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 and turned my system on it was working for a little bit and I changed some settings so it fit my display properly and when I went to Run Squad (a Game) it was loading and I turned away, when I looked back my screen was black and I let it sit for a while but I thought it just crashed or something so I completely shut off my Desktop and now it won't connect to my Dedicated Graphics

you said it worked for a while 

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Just now, Soul0310 said:

I also don't know how to reactivate my iGPU if I do that and if the Card is Dead then wouldn't that leave my computer unable to display anything and I updated the Drivers Via AMDs Auto Detect and Install, but the card worked fine for like 5 minutes and now it died and doens't show up anywhere

Just pull out the gpu and plug the Display Cable back into the Boards Port 

Just pull out the gpu and plug the Display Cable back into the Boards Port 

Does that reactivate my iGPU if I disable it in the BIOS?

Just now, Soul0310 said:

Does that reactivate my iGPU if I disable it in the BIOS?

U disabled it by hand ? if u pull out the gpu and plug into the board u should get a basic output again as far as i know 

U disabled it by hand ? if u pull out the gpu and plug into the board u should get a basic output again as far as i know 

What? I am not sure what you mean. If I disable it in the Bios settings and try to use the card won't it screw me over if the card doesn't work because I won't have any displays?

1 minute ago, Soul0310 said:

What? I am not sure what you mean. If I disable it in the Bios settings and try to use the card won't it screw me over if the card doesn't work because I won't have any displays?

Even if u disable the igpu in the Bios it should still be able to display a basic output if u unplug the rx 580 from the system if that does not work u can always just reset the Bios by removing the Bios batterie or using a jumper to reset it 

8 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Even if u disable the igpu in the Bios it should still be able to display a basic output if u unplug the rx 580 from the system if that does not work u can always just reset the Bios by removing the Bios batterie or using a jumper to reset it 

Yeah I don't know where the Bios battery is and I don't have a jumper so I am not risking locking out my computer on a Might so I will probably just return it :(

2 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

1266887_2__71690-2.jpg

Yeah I still don't trust that I will just return it and spend an extra 40-60 dollars and buy directly

Just now, Soul0310 said:

Yeah I still don't trust that I will just return it and spend an extra 40-60 dollars and buy directly

Removing the bios Battery to reset bios is very basic and will not dmg your board ever :D but okay ^^