Status Updates Load More Activity

Spotty

When scrolling through the status updates https://linustechtips.com/main/discover/58/

The "Load more activity" button at the bottom of the page will take focus down to the oldest status update that loads. This means if you're scrolling through status updates and load more activity you have to scroll back up through the newly loaded status updates to find where you were previously, then continue scrolling down reading through the updates.

When it loads more activity it should stay where it was and just load the new updates below.

Only happens in Firefox 69 (Windows 10). Doesn't happen in Chrome (Windows & Android)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Also does this on the All Activity page. Presumably other areas as well.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

This is caused by a browser feature called scroll anchoring, which is supposed to try and keep your place on the page when content is added. For some reason, the Firefox implementation seems to pick the wrong element (both practically and in terms of what the specification says it should pick).

I can (and probably will) add code to tell Firefox not to anchor to the element that it is currently picking, which will fix this issue. However, it shouldn't be required and I'm not sure why it's doing that.

HTTP/2 203