Cannot login on my works freenas server.

Thimoj

Okay i need some help here,

I am running a dell xps 15 with the killer network card, its the only windows laptop in the building and i need to connect to the local freenas server, at first my laptop didnt even see any other devices on the network which we fixed through watching and following over 6 tutorials. I finally get the prompt to login to the nas when trying to map the drives, yet it doesn't let me log in. i tried copy pasting the credentials in. which works sometimes but then when i try to map the actual drive it prompts me to login again and says the password is incorrect (the credentials are the same over the entire nas)

me and the "it" guy are now both scratching our heads. over why this isnt working and why it is working on all the other computers.

extra info.

we tried it over wifi and over lan, both can see the nas and give the prompt but don't allow me to login.

we tried logging in on the admin account which also doesn't work.

there are 2 macbooks that are running windows, both of them can access the nas perfectly fine.

i seem to either get a "premission denied" or a "username and/or password is incorrect" message.

i am now working off a slow desktop pc which is also able to access the nas without any trouble.

we tried resetting the password, i tried going on without any firewall on. and i dont have any antivirus installed (badass huh)

i will leave this thread open overnight (eu here) and check the answers tomorrow morning.

massive thanks in advance.