Made hardware changes and now I can't load windows

I REALLY NEED SOME HELP!!! I recently made some hardware changes to my pc, I switched out my motherboard, processor and ram, and now I can't get windows to load. When I run the install windows from the ISO file that I have, the install runs and finishes and then the computer boots into the BIOS and says that I either have the drives but they aren't bootable media, or that the drives don't even show up. Sometimes I get error codes like 0x00000185, and things like that. I got in contact with some people on the windows forums I tried their suggestions, but to no avail. I went through the drive clean to try and reinstall, still nothing. I'm at a loss, and I really don't know what to do. Maybe there is a problem with the SSD and the motherboard since it was used with the old hardware? Any help would be greatly appreciated, hopefully we can get this figured out. If you need any other information please let me know! Thanks again!

CPU: Intel i7-9700K

MB: Asus Prime Z390-A

RAM: GSkill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 

SSD: Samsung 860 Evo  

I'm sure you have, but might as well check. Are you 100% certain that you've selected the correct drive to boot from?

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

So this is a fresh .ISO installed on a USB?

Did you set it up to install on UEFI?

Do you have your BIOS set to boot Legacy devices?

Legacy boot is often disabled by default and won't boot your device if the installer was setup for Legacy BIOS.

What did you use to create the bootable media? What version of Windows?

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2019 at 2:22 PM, 2SidedPolygon said:

I'm sure you have, but might as well check. Are you 100% certain that you've selected the correct drive to boot from?

Yes I’ve tried that, but sometimes now the problem is that the ssd doesn’t even show up as an option when I tried to boot from it.

On 9/4/2019 at 2:23 PM, Windows7ge said:

So this is a fresh .ISO installed on a USB?

Did you set it up to install on UEFI?

Do you have your BIOS set to boot Legacy devices?

Legacy boot is often disabled by default and won't boot your device if the installer was setup for Legacy BIOS.

What did you use to create the bootable media? What version of Windows?

Yes it has been a fresh iso on a usb. I’ve been downloading the windows media tool, for widows 10. Is there a better way to make the iso file? Or another way I should be trying? Also could this at all be a hardware issue at this point? 

On 9/4/2019 at 2:11 PM, Eminems said:

Try resetting cMOS or try maybe a new USB? 

I tried resetting cMOS and still more of the same. 

On 9/4/2019 at 8:09 PM, Kajtek said:

or that the drives don't even show up

Is it one 860 evo or multiple drives? If it's more than one, remove the ones you dont want to install Windows to, while trouble shooting. Also check your Bios if it is set to AHCI

Make sure your 860 evo is not plugged into a port that shares bandwith with pcie devices, so for your mainboard port 1,3 or 4 should be preferred.

And maybe try a different Sata and/or power cable/connector.

2 hours ago, Kajtek said:

Yes it has been a fresh iso on a usb. I’ve been downloading the windows media tool, for widows 10. Is there a better way to make the iso file? Or another way I should be trying? Also could this at all be a hardware issue at this point? 

I would check your UEFI/Legacy boot settings. It sounds like the system installed using one or the other but is disabled in the BIOS so it doesn't recognize the drive as a bootable partition.

It's not that there is one that is better but I'm more partial to Rufus just because I have all sorts of other .ISO files I need to make bootable that aren't Windows and I don't care to use two just because Windows has it's own. That's just me though. You're probably best off with the media creation tool.

On 9/4/2019 at 2:09 PM, Kajtek said:

I REALLY NEED SOME HELP!!! I recently made some hardware changes to my pc, I switched out my motherboard, processor and ram, and now I can't get windows to load. When I run the install windows from the ISO file that I have, the install runs and finishes and then the computer boots into the BIOS and says that I either have the drives but they aren't bootable media, or that the drives don't even show up. Sometimes I get error codes like 0x00000185, and things like that. I got in contact with some people on the windows forums I tried their suggestions, but to no avail. I went through the drive clean to try and reinstall, still nothing. I'm at a loss, and I really don't know what to do. Maybe there is a problem with the SSD and the motherboard since it was used with the old hardware? Any help would be greatly appreciated, hopefully we can get this figured out. If you need any other information please let me know! Thanks again!

CPU: Intel i7-9700K

MB: Asus Prime Z390-A

RAM: GSkill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 

SSD: Samsung 860 Evo  

UPDATE: thank you for the help everyone, got it fixed yesterday, don’t know what it was. I installed windows on my HDD and it worked so then I just switched the sata cable to the ssd windows onto that and it boots up just fine! So I’m all set thanks again for the suggestions.