Wireless IP Camera

I am looking for an indoor wireless IP camera that can do up to 1080p @ 30fps. I plan to use it as a security/pet camera. I want the storage to be local (no subscriptions) and any streaming will be done with a VPN. I have an unraid server where I can store the video feeds and I think blue iris (in a VM) might be a good solution to manage these. I will accept any advice on a camera model that will have stable performance and managing software (the cheaper the better) to go with it. 

5 minutes ago, xl3b4n0nx said:

the cheaper the better

Be careful there: most cheap IP-cameras have a billion vulnerabilities, use various kinds of tricks to get access to the Internet and let all sorts of malicious people and software enter your network. It's best to block all IPV6-traffic to and from cheap cameras, disable access to UPnP and disable access to any other IP-addresses other than local ones.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

If you set up your ip cam software right on your server you can use a foscam r2.  It provides a onvif and straight h.264 rtmp video feed so any software that can hook in to that standard will recognize it.  But you definitely do not want these to talk to the internet as the manufacturer is bad about cyber security.

I use Blue Iris software and it works with a lot of cameras and you can record to a server if you want.

• 2 weeks later...