New PC build $2000~aud

Hey everyone!

So Ive hit a bit of a rut when coming to choosing parts for my new PC.

Quick little run down is that I am upgrading from my laptop (i7-7700hq, 16gb ddr4, 1050ti 4GB) to something a bit more beefy, and well Im planning to donate the laptop to my missus as she would love to play forza 3 with me, but her i5 mac is too overkill to the run the game ?.

The laptop was fine when I had my old monitor but I find it cant really hit the 120fps mark for my new monitor on most games I have. The plan is to use it for primarily gaming, hopefully VR in the near future. Photoshop and also using some cad work as I need it for "school".

I have around $2000-2200 Aud to spend,

unfortunately the desktop needs to be wireless as the router is upstairs and my parents have no thoughts of changing that anytime soon, unless I run a 20m cable from upstairs to my room that is.

this is what I have so far. (Located Victoria, Australia)

PCCG link: New PC build

The idea is to either get: 

MOBO OP1: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi Motherboard - $359

MOBO OP2: ASRock Z390 Steel Legend Motherboard and buy a wireless card - $259+

Any help is much appreciated!

Do you need the wireless connectivity only for Internet,  if yes then my thought is buy a good motherboard, don't buy expensive just because it has Wireless card built in. Also regarding the wireless card or one that is build in the motherboard, there is no need to buy a fast one, if your internet speed is not fast enough. As the maximum speed in the network is equal to the slowest speed component. I had a desktop and i have been using the cheap USB Wifi adapter, it works fine, i have a 25Mbps connection and i am getting full speed of it in my desktop.

Hope that helps !!!

15 minutes ago, Himanshu Agrawal said:

Do you need the wireless connectivity only for Internet,  if yes then my thought is buy a good motherboard, don't buy expensive just because it has Wireless card built in. Also regarding the wireless card or one that is build in the motherboard, there is no need to buy a fast one, if your internet speed is not fast enough. As the maximum speed in the network is equal to the slowest speed component. I had a desktop and i have been using the cheap USB Wifi adapter, it works fine, i have a 25Mbps connection and i am getting full speed of it in my desktop.

Hope that helps !!!

Thanks! Most of the time im using my 4G internet on my phone anyway haha

then i would say go for a wifi usb adater its around 10$ and might be sufficient for you. and its not a big investement, so if in future you upgrade to a much higher bandwidth internet, you can swap out with a good internal wifi card. 

2 hours ago, AxisMilkman said:

Hey everyone!

So Ive hit a bit of a rut when coming to choosing parts for my new PC.

Quick little run down is that I am upgrading from my laptop (i7-7700hq, 16gb ddr4, 1050ti 4GB) to something a bit more beefy, and well Im planning to donate the laptop to my missus as she would love to play forza 3 with me, but her i5 mac is too overkill to the run the game ?.

The laptop was fine when I had my old monitor but I find it cant really hit the 120fps mark for my new monitor on most games I have. The plan is to use it for primarily gaming, hopefully VR in the near future. Photoshop and also using some cad work as I need it for "school".

I have around $2000-2200 Aud to spend,

unfortunately the desktop needs to be wireless as the router is upstairs and my parents have no thoughts of changing that anytime soon, unless I run a 20m cable from upstairs to my room that is.

this is what I have so far. (Located Victoria, Australia)

PCCG link: New PC build

The idea is to either get: 

MOBO OP1: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi Motherboard - $359

MOBO OP2: ASRock Z390 Steel Legend Motherboard and buy a wireless card - $259+

Any help is much appreciated!

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700 3 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($537.00 @ Shopping Express)
Motherboard: Asus TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING (WI-FI) Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($279.00 @ Austin Computers)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($115.85 @ Amazon Australia)
Storage: Western Digital Green  240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($43.95 @ Shopping Express)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($56.00 @ Umart)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB EVOKE OC Video Card  ($729.00 @ Austin Computers)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 3.1 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($58.00 @ Shopping Express)
Power Supply: Gigabyte 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.00 @ Centre Com)
Monitor: AOC C24G1 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($278.00 @ Austin Computers)
Total: $2205.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-02 20:16 AEST+1000

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($515.00 @ Shopping Express) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Slim CPU Cooler  ($89.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($225.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($164.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($167.00 @ Skycomp Technology) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card  ($799.00 @ Amazon Australia) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-06 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($128.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($137.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Total: $2224.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-03 05:30 AEST+1000

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.