Free NAS: How do I get it to be seen by other PCs on the Network?

Doing my head in, I am new to Free NAS, so learning as I go, I followed all the steps to gt it up and running. I need this solved ASAP.

Basically this is where I am at, I created a volume just fine, created a share just fine, got up to the point of adding to Windows 10,... Win 10 can find it for some reason under \\IPADDRESS\homes, however gives me an error message, before it gave me an error code of which I have forgotten but now after verifying and changing many things within Windows, I am convinced that something isn't right in the FREE NAS itself but I have no clue where to go. The error message is basically: IPADDRESS\homes not available, check admin for permissions... if you got access etc, Device attached to the system is not functioning... Please help!

Have you completed the following steps?

A quick checklist of what you'll need to do:

- Create a new user in webgui of freenas (you'll login on win10 as this user)

- Assign a homefolder for this user

- Create a SMB share with the homefolders dataset as path (makes it easier to add multiple users)

- Activate the SMB service

- Add the network drive as \\ip\sharename

Remember that FreeNAS tends to have small granular settings you need to go over. Just because you made a share, doesn't mean the share is set to be live. @Olaf6541 narrowed it down best on what to check.

Also make sure the account you created has actual permissions to the share. 

"Rampage IV" - Gaming PC

Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced    EVGA GeForce GTX 980                            ASUS VE278H 27in LED Monitor x 3

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition         G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz     Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W

i7 4930k - Overclocked @ 4.5GHz     Samsung 850 SSD 250GB x2 RAID 0           Western Digital Blue 1TB

Logitech G930 Wireless Headset      Razer Naga 2012 MMO Gaming Mouse      Logitech G710+ Mechanical Keyboard

"EMCMS-ESXI" - Server

HPZ800 Workstation Chassis           Seagate 4TB NAS Drive x 4 RAID Z           48GB ECC Elpida DDR3 SDRAM

Xeon E5620 @ 2.66GHz x 2             PNY CS2211 240GB SSD                          HP 80 PLUS Silver APFC PSU - 1110W

LSI 9211-8i SAS in IT Mode