Windows 10 re installing and storage drives

Slidey

Hi guys

Bit of helped needed, my pc has just updated to windows 1903  and all havoc broke loose! display drivers wouldn't work, tried re installing them, no joy, the pc would blue  screen me and go into repair mode,then try to boot up, sometimes it'll go back into repair mode and boot, other it'll just switch off! i've tired repairing using a boot able usb, when the pc re starts it crashes, or it'll boot but i can't log in, i'm going round in circles and tried every avenue to no avail.

My question is, i'm going to do a fresh install install of windows, now the ssd is only used for the operating system, i have 2 other HDD's on board for storage, they both have files,films,video's and games stored on them but no operating systems.

When i come to re install windows onto the SSD should i leave the other 2 drives plugged into the motherboard or should i unplug them, i don't want to loose anything off the 2 other drives

Thanks in advance for any input and help

Dave

21 minutes ago, Slidey said:

Hi guys

Bit of helped needed, my pc has just updated to windows 1903  and all havoc broke loose! display drivers wouldn't work, tried re installing them, no joy, the pc would blue  screen me and go into repair mode,then try to boot up, sometimes it'll go back into repair mode and boot, other it'll just switch off! i've tired repairing using a boot able usb, when the pc re starts it crashes, or it'll boot but i can't log in, i'm going round in circles and tried every avenue to no avail.

My question is, i'm going to do a fresh install install of windows, now the ssd is only used for the operating system, i have 2 other HDD's on board for storage, they both have files,films,video's and games stored on them but no operating systems.

When i come to re install windows onto the SSD should i leave the other 2 drives plugged into the motherboard or should i unplug them, i don't want to loose anything off the 2 other drives

Thanks in advance for any input and help

Dave

Format windows with the hard drives unplugged,