Ryzen 9 3900x with 750W PSU, is it a stretch?

Greetings! So I just received my r9 and this is now my setup 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gJffsZ

I have heard that ur psu must have double the wattage ur power needs, and I am quite on the edge. Judging by this logic I would need something like an 800W PSU, and I have a 750W one. Would I run into any issues? How can I test if everything is fine?

Ryzen 9 7900x w/ LIAN LI Galahad 240  +   MSI RTX 3060
32GB @ 4800 mhz Corsair Vengeance + ASUS TUF X670e-PLUS

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

5 minutes ago, JasonHS said:

I have heard that ur psu must have double the wattage ur power needs

Myth. Many people assume the best efficiency for all power supplies is at 50%, when it's actually anywhere from 40% to 70%. 

You can power that whole rig on a 500 watt PSU without a problem. The important thing is that the power supply is a quality unit. What specific 750 watt unit? Is it the Seasonic unit you have linked in the list?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Myth. Many people assume the best efficiency for all power supplies is at 50%, when it's actually anywhere from 40% to 70%. 

You can power that whole rig on a 500 watt PSU without a problem. The important thing is that the power supply is a quality unit. What specific 750 watt unit? Is it the Seasonic unit you have linked in the list?

Seasonic Foucs+ Gold Certified

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

1 minute ago, JasonHS said:

Seasonic Foucs+ Gold Certified

With that power supply you would not face any issues on this setup. The focus line has its own problems, you can read about them here:

But they likely won't come into play on your setup at all.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

With that power supply you would not face any issues on this setup. The focus line has its own problems, you can read about them here:

had the psu for about a year and had no problems with it. I had the 3700x for 2-4 weeks and no probs with that setup either. Been a few hours with the 3900x and still nothing

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Worth mentioning I had games just closing down without a reason lately, with the drivers up to date and a stock gpu..

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

Just now, JasonHS said:

had the psu for about a year and had no problems with it. I had the 3700x for 2-4 weeks and no probs with that setup either. Been a few hours with the 3900x and still nothing

Like I said, it wouldn't come into play with your current setup, just be wary if you grab a high-end graphics card like a 1080ti or Vega 64, it has trouble keeping up with those

Primary PC:

Just now, JasonHS said:

Worth mentioning I had games just closing down without a reason lately, with the drivers up to date and a stock gpu..

Any error messages?

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Any error messages?

nope

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

Im running a 3900X + GTX1080 on a 550W PSU without issues (although I admit that 550W might be stretching it a bit), 750W is more than enough.

EDIT:

CPU package power is ~145W max (without PBO) in Cinebench R20.

GPU power maxed out at 160W in CS:GO although it might get a bit higher in more GPU intensive games (rated at 180W).

So even a 550W PSU is well within spec for such a setup.

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

2 minutes ago, JasonHS said:

nope

Well it's possible that it could be a PSU problem but I don't know enough to be certain. Have you tried downclocking the graphics card to see if it changes anything?

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Well it's possible that it could be a PSU problem but I don't know enough to be certain. Have you tried downclocking the graphics card to see if it changes anything?

Will go ahead and do so when I get another sudden close, thank you!

Seasonic Focus+ 750w