Windows 10 display scaling question

GiackyXX
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,
1 hour ago, GiackyXX said:

Since I have a 1440p 23.8" monitor, and my eyesight is not the best, I decided to put the resolution scaling at 110% in the Windows settings. The question that I have is: will this have weird effects on games if I play in fullscreen? I am aware that there should be a setting in the compatibility tab to disable scaling for that application, but I did not find clear instructions online for the latest Windows 10 versions (I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903).

Thanks

Normally games ignore DPI settings of Windows. Some games have hidden option tweak to make interface element larger or will have like Civilization games a "large" mode, which make everything in the interface larger (text, buttons, tool tips, cursor, etc.)

Since I have a 1440p 23.8" monitor, and my eyesight is not the best, I decided to put the resolution scaling at 110% in the Windows settings. The question that I have is: will this have weird effects on games if I play in fullscreen? I am aware that there should be a setting in the compatibility tab to disable scaling for that application, but I did not find clear instructions online for the latest Windows 10 versions (I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903).

Thanks

I used a utility called "DPI fix" to resolve that issue.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Asrock AB350 ITX - 64GB DDR4-3600MHz - Geforce GTX 1080 - Samsung 960Pro - Monsterlabo's "The First" - Corsair SF450

1 hour ago, GiackyXX said:

Thanks

Normally games ignore DPI settings of Windows. Some games have hidden option tweak to make interface element larger or will have like Civilization games a "large" mode, which make everything in the interface larger (text, buttons, tool tips, cursor, etc.)