Writing on top of a Mousepad

Aaralli

So I bought two corsair MM300 mousepads, and put them on my desk. One right in front of my monitor, and one on the L piece of my desk. I have the second one for a few reasons, but I'm really wondering about what a pen can do to them. If I were to write on a sheet of paper directly over one of the mousepads, can it leave permanent impressions in the pad? If I'm working a lot and need to write a lot, do I need to move my mousepad?

only if you press too hard and puncture through the paper. They are soft mousepads so a single sheet of paper wont provide a lot of support for a pen, so unless you're a very light-handed writer it would be better to have something under the page anyway.

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

only if you press too hard and puncture through the paper. They are soft mousepads so a single sheet of paper wont provide a lot of support for a pen, so unless you're a very light-handed writer it would be better to have something under the page anyway.

Do you think a couple sheets of paper might do the trick? Often I'm writing in massive packets of paper that can range from 15聽sheets all the way to 60 or 70.

1 minute ago, Aaralli said:

Do you think a couple sheets of paper might do the trick? Often I'm writing in massive packets of paper that can range from 15聽sheets all the way to 60 or 70.

i imagine that would be fine then. a pen running over it lightly through would be less wear than a mouse at gaming speeds/movements.

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

Just now, Arika S said:

i imagine that would be fine then. a pen running over it lightly through would be less wear than a mouse at gaming speeds/movements.

Wait really? I've never owned a "gaming mouse" or even a really nice mousepad until now so I've never experienced the wear that I think you're talking about... The mouse I bought recently is a Logitech G502 HERO wired mouse. I've never really thought of a mouse wearing down a mousepad.

3 minutes ago, Aaralli said:

Wait really? I've never owned a "gaming mouse" or even a really nice mousepad until now so I've never experienced the wear that I think you're talking about... The mouse I bought recently is a Logitech G502 HERO wired mouse. I've never really thought of a mouse wearing down a mousepad.

Exactly, people abuse their mice and mousepads and if you've ever seen e-sports players, their mouse movements would do more "damage" to the mousepad than a pen through paper, which is to say next to nothing. you'll be fine.

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽