New Ryzen 3000 CPU's

Go to solution Solved by meenmeen1103,

NVENC is a great thing, if your GPU isn't near the 90% utilization mark yet during streaming. It will need some overhead to work best. If you don't already have an SSD main drive, or can use more SSD space for games, the 3700 looks the best deal for sure, and even with most games and encoding on CPU, I don't think there'd be much benefit to even more cores to justify the price jump unless cost just isn't a factor for you.

Hello,

So, not so long ago, I wanted to upgrade my PC to make it more capable of streaming, since i currently use a i5 6600K.

I was set on the Ryzen 2700x but waited to buy it, cause of the rumors of the 3rd generation.

The hardware store I use already have bundles for all the new Ryzen CPU's, question is, which is best for the price?

All the bundles have the same motherboard and ram included. Only difference is the 3700X bundle comes with a 250GB SSD

3700X bundle is ~ 865$

3800X bundle is ~ 965$

3900X bundle is ~ 1070$

(Prices might be a bit high, due to taxes in Denmark being stupid) 

Just as a recap i need the CPU for streaming, if it makes any difference, I have GTX 1070 MSI.

Thank you for your time!

1 minute ago, |Azureks| said:

You can just enable NVENC in OBS to stream using your GPU, or Stream using Shadow play.

What country is that? If the R7 2700 is much cheaper just buy that with an X470 board or something.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

You can just enable NVENC in OBS to stream using your GPU, or Stream using Shadow play.

What country is that? If the R7 2700 is much cheaper just buy that with an X470 board or something.

I have started to experience performance issues out of my old CPU, so im chaning it regardless. 

The hardware store also has a 2700X bundle, however i wanted a 3rd gen one, hoping it would be more "future proof"

4 minutes ago, |Azureks| said:

I have started to experience performance issues out of my old CPU, so im chaning it regardless. 

The hardware store also has a 2700X bundle, however i wanted a 3rd gen one, hoping it would be more "future proof"

It's like 10-15% faster than the 2nd gen CPUs, but if the 2nd gen CPUs are half the price, their performance is likely "good enough"'

If the money isn't that big of a deal though, then just go for 3rd then.

The R7 3700X is the CPU to buy.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

NVENC is a great thing, if your GPU isn't near the 90% utilization mark yet during streaming. It will need some overhead to work best. If you don't already have an SSD main drive, or can use more SSD space for games, the 3700 looks the best deal for sure, and even with most games and encoding on CPU, I don't think there'd be much benefit to even more cores to justify the price jump unless cost just isn't a factor for you.

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

1 minute ago, meenmeen1103 said:

Thank you for your quick resonds! Price is a factor, since my budget is around the price of the 3700X bundle, It was just a question if the others were so much better, that they were worth saving up for. However, you answered that! :) 

5 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

It's like 10-15% faster than the 2nd gen CPUs, but if the 2nd gen CPUs are half the price, their performance is likely "good enough"'

If the money isn't that big of a deal though, then just go for 3rd then.

The R7 3700X is the CPU to buy.

Thank you for the answer, ill take think of this when making the final decision!