Eric.21

Hi, i want to build a new computer a ryzen computer. I do not have any ryzen processor in use.

I am planning to buy gigabyte aorus b450 m and ryzen 3600. Is there a way to update bios without processor. Or can i put 3000 series processor on b450 and then later update it, or do i need to buy an old like second and first gen processor for updating and then changing to 3000 processor.

8 minutes ago, Eric.21 said:

Hi, i want to build a new computer a ryzen computer. I do not have any ryzen processor in use.

I am planning to buy gigabyte aorus b450 m and ryzen 3600. Is there a way to update bios without processor. Or can i put 3000 series processor on b450 and then later update it, or do i need to buy an old like second and first gen processor for updating and then changing to 3000 processor.

Purchase any boards from msi that support BIOS flashback. Some examples are b450 a pro, gaming plus, tomahawk. You can update its bios without a cpu.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

12 minutes ago, Eric.21 said:

am planning to buy gigabyte aorus b450 m

Replace that motherboard with tomahawk b450 max because it supports ryzen 3000 out of box

you either need a mb that is compatible out-of-the-box....or...... deal with AMD boot kit thing...

or BIOS Flash....only need a USB thumb-drive.

https://premiumbuilds.com/motherboards/list-of-motherboards-with-usb-bios-flashback/

I had the same problem when i set up mine.

In some cases you put the CPU and BIOS screen is kinda deformed a window over the other and stuff like that, but i manage to update the bios.

After the restart everything was fine.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.