How do you hide your cats?

prodigydoo

So basically I want to know your tricks to hiding CAT cables around the house?

I am in need of some inspiration...

Thanks

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

Run them along walls and then tape over them.

Run them under carpets.

Place your router and/or switch(es) in clever places so that you don't need to run them far.

I have a short gap between my floor carpet and the scurting (you cant see it) so I push the carpet down and use a blunt object to force my CAT6's down the gap. so its invisible.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Mine are tidy, but if i had a 100 running all over my floor i wouldn't mind.

Use your head find places in walls that you can run them, put something over them in corners, you will think of something.

As far as cats go i don't see one: http://cl.jroo.me/z3/1/L/Q/d/a.aaa-well-hidden-cat.jpg

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

In places where they are going on the floor they go behind this little piece of wood that's on the line between floor and wall

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

In places where they are going on the floor they go behind this little piece of wood that's on the line between floor and wall

Called molding ;)

I'm actually running 100' cat cable monday or tuesday whenever it gets here. Drilling through a wall then a floor to the router. Then running it hidden across the ceiling till it gets to a cabinet, down the wall behind the cabinet then under the carpet to the desired location.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

A 4 jack Ethernet wall plate is near our modem and main router, cables then go up the inside of the wall to the attic.  In the attic the cables are just free styling it to the various rooms where I have other wall plates. 

Called molding ;)

I'm actually running 100' cat cable monday or tuesday whenever it gets here. Drilling through a wall then a floor to the router. The running it hidden across the ceiling till it gets to a cabinet, down the wall behind the cabinet then under the carpet to the desired location.

Now I know that word too.

Hmm, this got me thinking. I seem to have a small vocabulary in interior decor, I must improve :P

Now I know that word too.

Hmm, this got me thinking. I seem to have a small vocabulary in interior decor, I must improve :P

That's more like finishing when it comes to construction, but you're close. :P If I hadn't worked in construction for the past 5 years I wouldn't know much about it either, so don't feel bad.  ;)

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

That's more like finishing when it comes to construction, but you're close. :P If I hadn't worked in construction for the past 5 years I wouldn't know much about it either, so don't feel bad. ;)

But hey, at least I knew the word in my native language :D

But hey, at least I knew the word in my native language :D

Don't feel bad, the way I look at it is we all were born with knowing nothing. Our personal experiences in life is what teaches us thing, some people have experiences that lead them to learn sooner, some never at all. We all didn't know what something was at some point, we all had to learn it for the first time. It doesn't matter if you learned it later than anyone else, all that matters is you were willing to learn in the first place. :) 

I run them along the unfinished part of the basement ceiling with cable ties / going thru holes in the beams already there for electrical wire and drill holes in the floor where I need them.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB