PC will now only boot with 1 stick of ram in.

Hi! Me again.

Since my last cooler issue I have since gotten a new one and the clicking noises have gone!

But ah! A new problem has arose, I got to installing my 212 Evo yesterday and upon restarting my pc It wouldn't display to my monitors.

My setup is:

ASUS Z97-K

Intel i5 4460 @3.2

Hyper X Beast DDR3 1600Mhz

GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB

EVGA 650 SUPERNOVA 80+GOLD

Kingston 120GB SSD

Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO

EDIT*: I just tried to boot with different slots and came to find it would only boot on A2/B2 slots, yet in A1/B1 it would send it into a continuous loop cycle and not show any output to the monitors, XMP is enabled on the right profile too.

So, once installing it wouldn't display to the monitors. I googled around and tried some different things. My pc will boot to bios/windows on one stick of ram and give me a prescreen saying "OVERCLOCKING FAILED, PRESS F1 TO CONTINUE or enter bios something like that" This happens with both sticks, and they all each work independently in every slot that they're put in and started in. I tried them in 1/3 and 2/4 and it would either boot and no display or put itself into a constant loop cycle.

I re installed the cpu for an attempt to fix but nothing really came out of it. I re installed the gpu too. I also re installed all the power cables routing from the PSU to the motherboard.

If anyone else maybe has some fixes please help me :)

Thanks, Chawndi.

if your ram slots worked before installing the new cooler, and arent working anymore now after installing the new cooler you tightened the cooler to tight.

Its as simple as that. you may have or havnt damaged your board though, try to losen the cooler a bit and see if it works again.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

My brother recently had the same problem. He didnt change any hardware or anything, one day it just happened. i7 3770 + 2x8gb ram.
Taking one stick out, the pc runs just fine, also the sticks works fine on my other pc.

same problem on a older pc of mine with the i5 3470, the ram will just not work, reseating 10 times and try booting and it would work again.

Both are medion pcs tho.

The cooler being too tight could be it but it might just be the mobo getting old. 4th gen has still been viable for a couple years now but considering how old the parts are getting it is not unusual for things to stop working.

keep us updated

I am here to learn, please correct me if im wrong or you see me putting bs on your screen!

3 hours ago, DarkSmith2 said:

if your ram slots worked before installing the new cooler, and arent working anymore now after installing the new cooler you tightened the cooler to tight.

Its as simple as that. you may have or havnt damaged your board though, try to losen the cooler a bit and see if it works again.

Gonna try loosening the cooler and running the pc and maybe that might help it.

2 hours ago, BelgianNoise said:

My brother recently had the same problem. He didnt change any hardware or anything, one day it just happened. i7 3770 + 2x8gb ram.
Taking one stick out, the pc runs just fine, also the sticks works fine on my other pc.

same problem on a older pc of mine with the i5 3470, the ram will just not work, reseating 10 times and try booting and it would work again.

Both are medion pcs tho.

The cooler being too tight could be it but it might just be the mobo getting old. 4th gen has still been viable for a couple years now but considering how old the parts are getting it is not unusual for things to stop working.

keep us updated

I'll try it out later and keep you all updated about it.

Thankyou for the help.