Need a FEW RECOMENDATIONS

Go to solution Solved by Herman Mcpootis,
Just now, thx1138 said:

not a good unit, a CX450 would be much better.

35 minutes ago, VEXICUS said:

All I am saying is, for $20 more you can get a way better power supply.

https://www.newegg.com/bitfenix-formula-gold-series-bp-fm550ulag-7r-550w/p/N82E16817376010

original psu price..was 45$ ...so for 45% more money.......you get no price/perf, though yes...a 'better' psu

at 50$ for the cx....we are spending 40% more money....for no price/perf gain.....though yes...a 'better' psu

its called.....Diminishing...Returns........

13 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

....yes......but anyone with a brain could see that intels 3rd refresh of 4core 8 thread...and their intentional attack on multi-cpu support(see win7 updates that fixed mutli-cpu scheduling for intel cpus but not amds) it was generally obvious that price performance didn't exist in that space.

Back in the day...grabbing a 700-1000watt PSU was seen as future-proofing......but was wrong....

However...AMD stated that the socket will last to 2020....and every single ryzen iteration likes more and more RAM speed....Thus we can conclude...that There is some future upgrades we can plan for now...

comparing that to the height of the intel lead stagnation with new motherboards every single launch.......its a different tech space today than then.

We cannot see the future. So, let's stay in the present.

There might be Budget cards in the future that could easily cream the 2080ti.

In the near future right cores might be minimum, which will lead the hexa core processors to get outdated.

Same thing happened with intel (especially the 7700k).

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

22 minutes ago, VEXICUS said:

We cannot see the future. So, let's stay in the present.

There might be Budget cards in the future that could easily cream the 2080ti.

In the near future right cores might be minimum, which will lead the hexa core processors to get outdated.

Same thing happened with intel (especially the 7700k).

okay....so...he should get the cheapest am4 socket mb. cheapest psu, 1800speed ram(just match the infinity fabric)

he doesn't need a case. can just do it on the mb box. 

should also lower the cpu to a 4 core 8 thread. and drop the video card altogether... gaming at 720p is fine right now..

Wow..that was so liberating...not caring about the future makes these builds so much easier to give advice about.....thanks for the input.

I don't need to care about Electron migration for the cpu/gpu/motherboard....nor the VRMs...nor the airflow..

Edited by thx1138

5 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

okay....so...he should get the cheapest am4 socket mb. cheapest psu, 1800speed ram(just match the infinity fabric)

he doesn't need a case. can just do it on the mb box. 

should also lower the cpu to a 4 core 8 thread. and drop the video card altogether... gaming at 720p is fine right now..

Wow..that was so liberating...not caring about the future makes these builds so much easier to give advice about.....thanks for the input.

Have you read all the reviews of the PSU that you have recommended. S12 series is the most criticized series from seasonic. Also, you could have easily gone with a cxm for $6 less. But nevermind, that was your personal opinion.

Build something that games nicely right now. It'll probably slow down as new games come out as they are more resource heavy. 

Investing in a good power supply is always a good practice. As it has the capacity to blow up your entire system. So, take my advice, never cheap out on PSU.

Also, the S12III doesn't have OCP and OPP.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

1 minute ago, VEXICUS said:

Have you read all the reviews of the PSU that you have recommended. S12 series is the most criticized series from seasonic. Also, you could have easily gone with a cxm for $6 less. But nevermind, that was your personal opinion.

Build something that games nicely right now. It'll probably slow down as new games come out as they are more resource heavy. 

Investing in a good power supply is always a good practice. As it has the capacity to blow up your entire system. So, take my advice, never cheap out on PSU.

Also, the S12III doesn't have OCP and OPP.

.....................................................personal opinion eh? and that is why I swapped the lists over to the 5$ more corsair psu several hours ago.

you are the one suggesting to not look into the future when planning/building a system. I suggested the opposite.

this is getting to harassment levels from you. and the double-think is starting to shine. unless the op asks something please don't talk to me anymore.

46 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

.....................................................personal opinion eh? and that is why I swapped the lists over to the 5$ more corsair psu several hours ago.

you are the one suggesting to not look into the future when planning/building a system. I suggested the opposite.

this is getting to harassment levels from you. and the double-think is starting to shine. unless the op asks something please don't talk to me anymore.

I have freedom of speech. Harassment?? I think you must educate yourself before recommending crap to someone. It can cost someone his life.

Do not reply to this post, you'll be ignored.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

@SansVarnic kindly filter this chat. It's getting way off topic.

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

-= Locked =-

I'll just lock this, we've crossed the perverbial political line and gone off topic to the discussion....

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER