Dell Mobile Precision 7740 or Alienware Area 51m?

Hi! What laptop should I choose between the Dell Mobile Precision 7740 and the Alienware Area 51m?

I will be using this laptop in my daily work. I will be mainly working with Sketchup Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk Autocad civil 3d and Lumion 3D. I am also looking into Twinmotion and Unreal engine. I will be handling pretty large and complex models, sometimes at city scale, with a lot of geometry.

Ps. I know a desktop might be better, but I need to have a mobile solution.

The main specs are as follows :

Alienware Area 51m

CPU : 9th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5.0Ghz w/Turbo Boost)

GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 (OC Ready) 

RAM : 64GB, 4x16GB, DDR4 2400MHz 

Dell Mobile Precision 7740 :

CPU : Intel Xeon E-2286M, 8 Core Xeon, 16M Cache, 2.40GHz up to 5.00GHz Turbo, 45W, vPro

GPU : Nvidia Quadro RTX 5000 w/16GB GDDR6

RAM : 64.0GB, 4x16GB, DDR4-2666MHz SDRAM, 4 DIMMS, Non-ECC

Get the Precision. It's a professional laptop designed to be durable and reliable. Also has far better customer support associated with it. 

Mhm having bigger gpu vram, the precision has more room to work than the 8GB rtx 2080 since the CPU difference isnt as critical as the GPU difference

as 5x5 said

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Both devices belong to different category

Do you need Quadro? No preference on weight and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Ty @5x5

Ty @Ordinarily_Greater

@GeneXiS_X : I'm torn and uncertain. Today I am having real trouble with the fps in some large Lumion models. I'm currently on Quadro P4000. Were talking as bad as 6-7 fps. I'm thinking the gaming card will resolve this to a great extent, but at what cost to the other production in Sketchup/CAD? Question is also the Quadro VR performance. I'd like too hook up a Pimax 5k+ hmd. Weight and battery life don't matter. Performance do.

I can't help you on software side things since I'm not familiar with it

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128