Looking for new Keyboard like the G710+

Go to solution Solved by Mr.Humble,
2 hours ago, Dennis1562 said:

Excellent, thank you so much for the recommendations I looked at both offerings from Corsair before I put in my order I figured I would ask one last question. I saw that they had the K95 RGB Platinum is an option as well and wanted your thoughts. Like I said price point is no matter in this regard and if this is basically an upgraded K70 then I am fine with going with it. Let me know your thoughts. 

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/RGB-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboards/k95-rgb-platinum-config-na/p/CH-9127012-NA

Sincerely,

Dennis

Yeah it has those macro keys, if you used them on the G710+ it's probably better than the K70mk2, and if you're okay with the price then I suppose it's the most similar replacement 

Hello everyone,

I am browsing around for a new keyboard, I really have enjoyed my G710+ to the point where I might just buy another one but wanted to see if there were any better options for the money that would be spent. I mainly game on my machine but like that tactile feel of the keyboard because it made it nice for typing as well. If anyone knows of any good keyboards that I should look into that are similar and have decent updated software, I would appreciate it.

I thank you in advance for taking the time to look at this post and all suggestions/feedback.

Sincerely,

Dennis

Hi!

Look for keyboards with Cherry MX Brown switches.

The G710+ has unfortunately been discontinued.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

Just now, Mr.Humble said:

Hi!

Look for keyboards with Cherry MX Brown switches.

The G710+ has unfortunately been discontinued.

Yes, it is unfortunate although I have seen some third-party sellers that still have inventory. I appreciate the information about the Cherry MX Brown switches, this will help me find something similar if you have any specific suggestions I would appreciate it. There are so many choices nowadays that it is hard to figure out what is best. Price point really doesn't matter by the way as long as it has all the same features or more as the G710+.

I thank you for the info that you have provided so far and will use it to start searching further, thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Dennis

3 minutes ago, Dennis1562 said:

Yes, it is unfortunate although I have seen some third-party sellers that still have inventory. I appreciate the information about the Cherry MX Brown switches, this will help me find something similar if you have any specific suggestions I would appreciate it. There are so many choices nowadays that it is hard to figure out what is best. Price point really doesn't matter by the way as long as it has all the same features or more as the G710+.

I thank you for the info that you have provided so far and will use it to start searching further, thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Dennis

If you can find a G710+ new, go for it.

If not, Czech out Corsair STRAFE Mk.2 and K70 Mk.2

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

8 minutes ago, Mr.Humble said:

If you can find a G710+ new, go for it.

If not, Czech out Corsair STRAFE Mk.2 and K70 Mk.2

Excellent, thank you so much for the recommendations I looked at both offerings from Corsair before I put in my order I figured I would ask one last question. I saw that they had the K95 RGB Platinum is an option as well and wanted your thoughts. Like I said price point is no matter in this regard and if this is basically an upgraded K70 then I am fine with going with it. Let me know your thoughts. 

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/RGB-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboards/k95-rgb-platinum-config-na/p/CH-9127012-NA

Sincerely,

Dennis

2 hours ago, Dennis1562 said:

Sincerely,

Dennis

Yeah it has those macro keys, if you used them on the G710+ it's probably better than the K70mk2, and if you're okay with the price then I suppose it's the most similar replacement 

The HUMBLE Computer:

5 hours ago, Mr.Humble said:

Yep, I was ok with the price and just put in the order, I got it for $40 off I can't wait till it comes in. I thank you again for your help and will mark this as resolved. 

Did your modifier keycaps break or why the need for change? I had glued my modifier keys back together for the last 3 years or so and I finally decided to buy a new one. Really an awesome keyboard that G710+ is. Just wanted to hop on an say this:

I bought a K95 RGB Platinum too and I must say I'm very happy with it. Only difference in terms of typing experience is that there are no O-rings and therefore the keys make more sound when they hit the bottom. Also, I didn't care for the letter fonts so I swapped the letter keys from G710+ to the K95 :D I was going to move the O-rings from G710+ to other keys on the K95 too but so far I haven't felt the need for it, I kinda like the clackety sound on some keys but not on the letter keys when I type.

One real con though, the space bar supports are a bit loose and it rattles a bit, but I got used to it pretty fast. Maybe it's easy to fix too. So in conclusion, it was a bit more expensive, has RGB for lulz, slightly better and easily removable wrist rest, but coming from G710+ the typing experience is similiar, only a bit sharper. I like it

3700X | NH-D15 | X470-F | 2x16GB @3200MHz | RTX 2060 Ventus OC

RM650x | Fractal Design R4 | NVMe 970 EVO Plus 512GB | SATA 850 EVO 512GB

<Build Log>