Laptop for CS - Europe

I am currently in the market for a new laptop at around 1400 - 1700 USD (so a little over 1000 USD in the US due to EU duties). As I'll be moving to the UK for uni, I don't care in what country I buy the laptop (whether UK or Czechia)
I don't really plan to game on it and most heavy machine learning tasks can be done over cloud computing (all heil google collab), so I believe quadcore U-type intel chips should be fine for my needs. 
Expectations: 

To last me a couple of years (3-4) without becoming sluggish.
i5/i7-u quad-core processors should suffice for whatever I wish to do
8+ gigs of ram, ideally upgradable, but I guess 8 could do the job.
256+GB ssd 
good battery life
not too sure about weight, but anything under 1.5kg seems reasonable. 
Love using split-screen in windows, so 14-inch display would be really cool after struggling with split-screen on 13.3" laptop, though I could do with a 13" laptop if it had something to extra to offer.
a backlit keyboard is a must after my current laptop without it. 

Currently, I'm considering the following ones though I am open to recommendations: 
Thinkpad T490 - godlike keyboard, seems to be quite resilient, 14", upgradable ram/SSD  
Huawei matebook x Pro - 14" glory, though I don't seem to be able to purchase the 2019 model and don't want to buy an outdated one at this price. 

huawei matebook 13 - pretty decent value I suppose
Surface laptop 2 - 3:2 14" screen is beautiful, the keyboard seems alright, miss USB-C/thunderbolt 3, but I guess I can embrace the dongle life with it's USB 3.0
dell XPS 13 - Everyone seems to love this one, but it just doesn't attract me. I/O is great and love thunderbolt 3 support, but the keyboard seemed to have a really weird spacing. (9380 is very expensive here, i5, 8GB ram and 256GB ssd comes to 1760 USD)

I've also thought about the surface pro 6, but I pretty much haven't taken any notes throughout highschool (IB) and preferred learning from online materials/study guides, so I guess this trend will follow at uni.

1 hour ago, Hexin said:

around 1400 - 1700 USD

Get business grade laptops since you have the budget, eg Thinkpad P/T/X series, Latitude 7000 series, Elitebook 800 series (non convertible models)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

4 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Get business grade laptops since you have the budget, eg Thinkpad P/T/X series, Latitude 7000 series, Elitebook 800 series (non convertible models)

Due to EU import tariffs everything is more expensive. P-series start at around 2200USD here. The only sub 2k USD X-series is X390, which is okay I guess. As for the T-series, T490 is one of my main contenders, so will give this one additional points.