HOW IS THIS ONLY $1350?! (Gaming MSI laptop on Newegg: 8/21/2019)

Darkroe

So this thing has a 6 core, 12 thread processor; an RTX 2060, 16 GB of RAM, a 512 GB NVMe SSD....just what. AND it goes for $1150 with a $200 rebate with a free backpack and some games. If I had money right now...oh man I would have a new Gaming Laptop. Only bad thing I see in reviews are "loud fans." Well no duh. This is a laptop sporting an RTX GPU. It's gonna get hot. And the cooling vents on this thing are everywhere. And it has ethernet, HDMI, an SD card reader, 2 USB 3.1 ports...what does this thing not have for this price? 4k? WHO NEEDS 4k ANYWAY :P

If ANYONE is looking for a new gaming laptop and has a $1500 budget range...dude. This thing. 

Link: MSI Gaming Laptop

It's the lowest end series from MSI so it's not that great of a deal imo. You can get. Etter devices for similar money. 

51 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

It's the lowest end series from MSI so it's not that great of a deal imo. You can get. Etter devices for similar money. 

Its not its one of the best *buget laptops* u can get 1100 for a rtx 2060 is quit good and it has one of the best if not the best tn 120herz panels with 100% srgb and 80% adope rgb thats better then even the high end 2k/3k gaming notebook displays i would buy it for sure if that deal would be in germany 

This really shouldn't seem like that great of a deal.  A good price, and a fair price certainly, but it shouldn't be shocking.  I guess the fact that it is though shows how out of whack some things are right now, mainly RTX cards (but of course they have been since launch).

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

17 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

This really shouldn't seem like that great of a deal.  A good price, and a fair price certainly, but it shouldn't be shocking.  I guess the fact that it is though shows how out of whack some things are right now, mainly RTX cards (but of course they have been since launch).

I just haven't seen a laptop with specs like that in a price-range like that in so long I guess I am disillusioned to what true market value should be vs is.