Total wireless phone access to and from PC?

grangervoldemort

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10.

Is it possible to access the phone from the PC wirelessly via my home router and or via Bluetooth or directly via my Wi-Fi card? And also vice versa, so access the PC from the phone?

Full access.

I want my phone to show up in My Computer exactly as it does when I connect it via the USB cable; only wirelessly.

I hate having to have to get my USB cable out of my charger everytime I want to transfer. It also wears the connector on the cable end out.

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 C11 1600Mhz 30nm
- Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce 3x 2GB

- Corsair TX 650W

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

- Samsung BluRay ODD

Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller
Zalman CNPS9500AT with Zalman ZM-CS5B CNPS Clip Support

Use FTP server on phone - you can find few of them. You can also use Solid Explorer with ftp server extension. That gives you access to your files using computer. Solid Explorer itself can access windows shares so you can use it for copying files directly to your pc. Both ways works good. Personally I made file operations on phone accessing windows shared folders.

18 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Use FTP server on phone - you can find few of them. You can also use Solid Explorer with ftp server extension. That gives you access to your files using computer. Solid Explorer itself can access windows shares so you can use it for copying files directly to your pc. Both ways works good.

Will this FTP thing make my phone show up in My Computer as it does with a USB cable?

Personally I made file operations on phone accessing windows shared folders.

What is this?

Does any of this require rooting? I am not going to root my brand new S10.

Is this secure or if I forget to turn it off on my phone and I'm out and about could someone get access to my files on my phone using a wireless device?

Will this FTP thing use additional battery on my phone? Is it on constantly?

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Corsair TX 650W

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- Samsung BluRay ODD

I give you two methods. Your next questions you can answer by checking it by yourself. Try to use it and you'll see. It will be much faster than answering dozens additional questions. About basic stuff like windows shared folders, you can read many informations on internet.

And no rooting required for it.

36 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

I give you two methods. Your next questions you can answer by checking it by yourself. Try to use it and you'll see. It will be much faster than answering dozens additional questions. About basic stuff like windows shared folders, you can read many informations on internet.

And no rooting required for it.

Tried WiFi FTP on play store. Horrible. Shows up in the browser and looks like it's from the 80's. Ancient outdated ugly and cannot modify my files. I want it to show up in My Computer as it does right now via USB cable. I said this before. Do exactly what it does when I connect it via the USB cable only wirelessly.

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Corsair TX 650W

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- Samsung BluRay ODD

Congratulations, you tried one single crappy application (even if I recommend you different one) and you're disappointed.

FTP connection can be established in file explorer window.

Maybe someone write step by step tutorial. I prefer to share ideas and point direction assuming that you want to discover something by yourself too.

Good luck anyway.

3 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Congratulations, you tried one single crappy application (even if I recommend you different one) and you're disappointed.

The app you wrote about IS NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE on the play store. What does that say about the app?! I live in the UK btw.

3 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

FTP connection can be established in file explorer window.

Maybe someone write step by step tutorial. I prefer to share ideas and point direction assuming that you want to discover something by yourself too.

Good luck anyway.

So send a how to link then.

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Corsair TX 650W

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- Samsung BluRay ODD

53 minutes ago, grangervoldemort said:

The app you wrote about IS NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE on the play store. What does that say about the app?!

I don't know what does that say about the app, probably "hey! i'm here!":

Solid explorer: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.solidexplorer2&hl=en

But if you want to use simply FTP server only: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.theolivetree.ftpserver&hl=en

How to add ftp location to explorer? https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-file-explorer-ftp-client/

9 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

I don't know what does that say about the app, probably "hey! i'm here!":

Solid explorer: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.solidexplorer2&hl=en

But if you want to use simply FTP server only: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.theolivetree.ftpserver&hl=en

How to add ftp location to explorer? https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/windows-file-explorer-ftp-client/

Thanks but this only shows one storage location. I want it to behave EXACTLY as a cable does which means showing all storage. I have a SD Card in the phone too.

How can I show everything?

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Corsair TX 650W

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- Samsung BluRay ODD

You can switch to sd card (user custom location). You can also try that windows shared folders and copy files from/to pc using phone. But if you want the same experience as cable connection, maybe someone else give you different solution.

2 hours ago, homeap5 said:

You can switch to sd card (user custom location). You can also try that windows shared folders and copy files from/to pc using phone. But if you want the same experience as cable connection, maybe someone else give you different solution.

Custom location doesn't work. Tried it with 2 different FTP apps. Giving up and will just use cables from now on. Might be useful for internal memory though on the S10 as it's 512GB. No need to use the SD card. I question speed and reliability of the ftp thing.

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Corsair TX 650W

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- Samsung BluRay ODD

20 minutes ago, grangervoldemort said:

Custom location doesn't work. Tried it with 2 different FTP apps. Giving up and will just use cables from now on. Might be useful for internal memory though on the S10 as it's 512GB. No need to use the SD card. I question speed and reliability of the ftp thing.

All depends on phone and your router. Cheap router = slow transfers.

And you still ignoring my advice about shared folders that Solid Explorer handles very good.

FTP server I give you a link has no problems with access to sd card. I'm using it.

18 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

All depends on phone and your router. Cheap router = slow transfers.

And you still ignoring my advice about shared folders that Solid Explorer handles very good.

FTP server I give you a link has no problems with access to sd card. I'm using it.

I used the olive tree one on my S7. It doesn't work. Custom folder does not work. All that shows up is the internal memory no matter what I do.

No idea how to shared folders mo bob.

Router is a BT Hub new one. Haven't tried transferring data but I can bet it won't be as fast as using a USB cable.

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Corsair TX 650W

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- Samsung BluRay ODD

Google how to share windows folder - it's easy.

I give you ftp server application link that works.

If you have no your own good router and rely on some router you get from internet provider, transfers will be slow probably.

2 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

I give you ftp server application link that works.

It doesn't work for me on my S7. How many times do I have to tell you this. CUSTOM FOLDERS DOES NOT WORK WITHIN THE APP FOR SD CARD ACCESS.

If you have no your own good router and rely on some router you get from internet provider, transfers will be slow probably.

Pretty sure this hub is good enough. It is a new model and worth over £100. It's the best router provided by any ISP in the UK.

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Corsair TX 650W

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- Samsung BluRay ODD

11 minutes ago, grangervoldemort said:

It doesn't work for me on my S7. How many times do I have to tell you this. CUSTOM FOLDERS DOES NOT WORK WITHIN THE APP FOR SD CARD ACCESS.

Well, for sure you're know better, it's your phone. Strange phone, because I tested the same application on many other phones, but who knows. You know best.

11 minutes ago, grangervoldemort said:

Pretty sure this hub is good enough. It is a new model and worth over £100. It's the best router provided by any ISP in the UK.

If file transfer speed is good, then you're right. I'm sure that provider gives you best router on the market. I can't really imagine why TP-Link, Asus or other companies trying to sell their products to end user if everyone gets top-quality ones for free.

Anyway, I was only trying to help and give you some advices/ideas how to do what you need. I'm not using cables for transfer files from/to phone, so my advices are based on my personal experience. But I know how to use folder sharing in Windows, how to access computer from phone, and I don't complain about FTP transfer speeds or access to sd card. You can learn how to do it too and choose best way to do whatever you want to do.