Has anyone used a vaseky ssd before?

Legolessed

I'm unfamiliar with the brand so previously wasn't even going to consider it but on new egg their msata ssd's are on a huge sale and they have like 5 star reviews so it just seems weird. 

Has anyone used their ssd's and if so, how well do they work and hold it up compared to other ssd's? 

This is the ssd I've been looking at: 

Vaseky Mini 1.8'' mSATA SSD 128G MLC Solid State Drive for Notebook Standrad Notebook mini-SATA128G Micron MLC Grain SSD

https://m.newegg.com/product/9SIAGKC7VJ8289?m_ver=1

My current msata drive is very very slow. I completely wiped the computer and installed a fresh copy of windows and only installed crystaldiskmark and got well a surprisingly high score for how slow it feels. Its one of those, double click on an application then go eat lunch, maybe go on a run, and it might be open by the time you get back experiences.

20190814_103109_HDR.jpg

Never heard of it, but the specs seem too good for the price, MLC instead of TLC?

It probably works, but no warranty or something.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

57 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Never heard of it, but the specs seem too good for the price, MLC instead of TLC?

It probably works, but no warranty or something.

From what I've seen, Vaseky is just a typical Chinese budget-brand; their stuff generally works and, while it's not the fastest stuff, it's also not the slowest, either. May drop dead as a rock all of a sudden, or may work for 20 years without a hitch -- all depends on one's luck. Personally, I find them quite appealing, though I probably wouldn't use them to store anything that I couldn't get back if the drive went bad, like e.g. would be fine for Steam, OS and such. Then again, I use Nextcloud for backing up automatically anything that I would miss, so it wouldn't be an issue for me, personally.

No personal experience with them yet, though.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.