What laptop should I buy?

I'm looking for a 2 in 1 laptop for school that I can type on and write on for taking notes and writing essays. It doesn't have to be very powerful but I don't want it to be like, I open google and have to leave for a few minutes and come back slow. So for perspective, I've looked into the Microsoft surface go and that seems like a good option but I wanted to ask the community here first since all of you are much smarter than me. I really want it to be detachable since the convenience of that would be very nice and I want the touch screen to be good enough that i can write on it for notes like a tablet screen and not have it write 3 centimeters to the right. Sorry just had a really bad experience with a cheap tablet a few years ago and am a little scarred from it :( 

Thank you so much and I can answer any questions that I forgot to address. Thank you!

What's your budget and country?

The Surface Go Pentium/SSD (not the basic eMMC) model is okay but it's not exactly good value for performance.

4 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

What's your budget and country?

The Surface Go Pentium/SSD (not the basic eMMC) model is okay but it's not exactly good value for performance.

Im in the US. My budget is a little flexible depending on what i find. Id prefer to stay around 300-350 but if i need to stretch that, I can budget it. 

16 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

I'm looking for a 2 in 1 laptop for school that I can type on and write on for taking notes and writing essays. It doesn't have to be very powerful but I don't want it to be like, I open google and have to leave for a few minutes and come back slow. So for perspective, I've looked into the Microsoft surface go and that seems like a good option but I wanted to ask the community here first since all of you are much smarter than me. I really want it to be detachable since the convenience of that would be very nice and I want the touch screen to be good enough that i can write on it for notes like a tablet screen and not have it write 3 centimeters to the right. Sorry just had a really bad experience with a cheap tablet a few years ago and am a little scarred from it :( 

Thank you so much and I can answer any questions that I forgot to address. Thank you!

Yoga 330 but make sure it's at least the i3 version with 8gb of ram.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yoga 330 but make sure it's at least the i3 version with 8gb of ram.

I cant find this laptop anywhere. Do you have a link?

Just now, Legolessed said:

there isnt an i3 option available and the model with 8gb of ram is $700 

There was a 2018 one for 400$ but sadly those are no longer sold. Does it have to be a 2 in 1? Notetaking on those is quite overrated and I'm speaking from personal experience here as it was just easier to scribble something down on paper or type.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

There was a 2018 one for 400$ but sadly those are no longer sold. Does it have to be a 2 in 1? Notetaking on those is quite overrated and I'm speaking from personal experience here as it was just easier to scribble something down on paper or type.

yes it does, My old school lent us tablets and i loved taking notes on that so i kind of want to continue doing that

Well, the base model Surface Go is garbage due to the super slow eMMC memory so it's almost unuseable. Either get the 128GB SSD model, up the budget or drop the 2-in-1 requirement.

2 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Well, the base model Surface Go is garbage due to the super slow eMMC memory so it's almost unuseable. Either get the 128GB SSD model, up the budget or drop the 2-in-1 requirement.

im willing to stretch my budget to accomodate for a better laptop if thats better. I just want to have an option that i know is ok. 

17 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

im willing to stretch my budget to accomodate for a better laptop if thats better. I just want to have an option that i know is ok. 

Would you consider a used or refurbished ThinkPad Yoga?

3 hours ago, Legolessed said:

300-350

Go used, you won't find a decent new model

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128