EK-Vector Aorus RTX 2080 Ti RGB backplate Question

Thinking of getting an EK-Vector Aorus RTX 2080 Ti RGB - Nickel + Plexi for my GIGABYTE Aorus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme 11G, 11GB GDDR6, (GV-N208TAORUS X-11GC).

I was wondering if I can still use my Default back plate or do i need to get an EK one?

9 hours ago, KaineT said:

Thinking of getting an EK-Vector Aorus RTX 2080 Ti RGB - Nickel + Plexi for my GIGABYTE Aorus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme 11G, 11GB GDDR6, (GV-N208TAORUS X-11GC).

I was wondering if I can still use my Default back plate or do i need to get an EK one?

In most cases you will not be able to use the original since most watercooling backplate requires the bolts to go through the plate, PCB of the GPU and then fasten into the waterblock. This can vary depending on how the manufacture bolts on the original backplate as some will follow this method while others may not. 

9 hours ago, KaineT said:

Gigabyte Aorus® RTX 2080Ti factory backplate is not compatible with this water block!

If you take EKWB's word, then it isnt.

I have two vector strix water block and back plate for my 2080ti and the oem back plate would not work with EKWB screws, Beware both of the back plates caused my cards to short. The only way to get them to work was to install pvc washer between the pcb and back plate. 

It really depends.  I managed to use my stock EVGA back plate with my EKWB waterblock by attaching the 4 corners of the back plate with long screws.  I had to do some modification of the back plate in order to make it work, but it works.  I had to utilize my dremel to make things happy.  If you have a little bit of know-how, you can definitely make it work.  

20190724_225938.jpg

R7 5800x -:- Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming -:- EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX3080 -:- EVGA 850 GA -:- 32GB G.Skill TridentZ Neo  -:- Asus TUF GT501