How much tubing should i get?

So im looking at my case and theres going to be a fair amount of tubing. I am planning on doing Hardline watercooling even though its going to be my first attempt. Im ok with wasting tubing. Whats the general rule for stocking up on tubing? Get 3 times the amount? 4? Its not that expensive So i dont Really care about having extra.

39 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

So im looking at my case and theres going to be a fair amount of tubing. I am planning on doing Hardline watercooling even though its going to be my first attempt. Im ok with wasting tubing. Whats the general rule for stocking up on tubing? Get 3 times the amount? 4? Its not that expensive So i dont Really care about having extra.

If it's your first time I usually recommend double at the very least, more if your runs tend to use the whole length of tubing each time and have complex bends.

Just now, W-L said:

If it's your first time I usually recommend double at the very least, more if your runs tend to use the whole length of tubing each time and have complex bends.

Are they any huge downsides to using fittings for corners? (dont plan on it but curious)

15 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

Are they any huge downsides to using fittings for corners? (dont plan on it but curious)

Mainly cost depending on your runs and how many you need, there is also the addition points of failure since you have more physical connections and the potential of leaks. 

Just now, W-L said:

Mainly cost depending on your runs and how many you need, there is also the addition points of failure since you have more physical connections and the potential of leaks. 

Right.... Better learn how to bend some tubes

2 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

Right.... Better learn how to bend some tubes

Bending isn't overly difficult, the main thing is measuring and getting the locations of your bends correct for everything to line up. Bend guides can help in terms of consistency and getting the proper bend correction. 

Just now, W-L said:

Bending isn't overly difficult, the main thing is measuring and getting the locations of your bends correct for everything to line up. Bend guides can help in terms of consistency and getting the proper bend correction. 

Every time i think of new hard line water cooler i think back to science studio and his grave yard.

7 minutes ago, EmoChipmonk said:

Every time i think of new hard line water cooler i think back to science studio and his grave yard.

If you're worried about leaks the chance of it occurring is pretty low if proper leak testing and procedures are taken when building and setting up the loop for it's first fill. 

1 hour ago, W-L said:

If you're worried about leaks the chance of it occurring is pretty low if proper leak testing and procedures are taken when building and setting up the loop for it's first fill. 

half the time i channel murphies law so its prob best to take the better route.

I did my first build last month and used a combination of fittings for some and bends for others, if I had to do it again I would have used far more bends as I used a total of like 33 fittings including plugs and it ran the price up considerably and that included getting fittings on aliexpress. My whole loop ended up being over $1000 cad

14 hours ago, EmoChipmonk said:

If u want to go that route i would get glass tubing.

being that glass tubings main detractor being you cant bend it without significant effort thus it requires fittings for bends. So if ur thinking u might want to go the route of fittings for bends, grab glass tubing, it will never cloud or degrade, is much more scratch resistant, and looks alot better.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

21 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

I did my first build last month and used a combination of fittings for some and bends for others, if I had to do it again I would have used far more bends as I used a total of like 33 fittings including plugs and it ran the price up considerably and that included getting fittings on aliexpress. My whole loop ended up being over $1000 cad

Damn 33 fittings?  Can you post a pic of your build?

As far as op, just get an extra amount of tube you feel comfortable with.  I just finished my first ever loop as well.  Once you make a few bends you will get right used to cutting and bending.  Like someone else said I think the biggest thing is if you need to re-do really long runs.  I had to do this once with mine, but also the longer runs generally have more play as well.

heres what I ended up with on my first ever loop.

3256B187-A164-4262-BE19-B6B5115410EB.jpeg

4 minutes ago, SiCkHiTrEg said:

Damn 33 fittings?  Can you post a pic of your build?

Sure

213D9EDF-1943-4983-9318-93C32B1B6616.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Ravendarat said:

Sure

Looks great man!  Love looking at other builds.

2 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

Sure

that is a beautiful build. if mine is atleast half that nice ill be happy with it. though it will be in the THE TOWER 900 soo it better be

14 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

Sure

Nice job. You were never going to get away with much less fittings using a distribution block anyway.

Nope distribution adds a bunch but on that particular chassis I think it looks better than the standard res and pump