Power went out but pc didn’t shut off

Dreamer758
Go to solution Solved by .Apex.,
23 minutes ago, Dreamer758 said:

Power went out for like a second my monitor wife’s TV alarm clock router all lost power and shut off or reset but when I turned my monitor on GTA V was still running how is that even possible I don’t have any fancy battery backup just a cheap $10 General Electric surge protector . I’m pretty sure that really bad for the computer wouldn’t you guys agree?

Power supplies can hold power for a very short time (milliseconds), It is an indication that you have a quality one, what is it?

Also it's possible that the voltage just dropped down, instead of a complete power outage, and other components couldn't handle it but your PC could?

Power went out for like a second my monitor wife’s TV alarm clock router all lost power and shut off or reset but when I turned my monitor on GTA V was still running how is that even possible I don’t have any fancy battery backup just a cheap $10 General Electric surge protector . I’m pretty sure that really bad for the computer wouldn’t you guys agree?

The power supply holds some power, if it was a small blip your power supply would've probably had enough stored electricity to keep it running. Or your PC did actually turn off and when the power came back on it booted up and launched everything that was previously open.

20 minutes ago, Dreamer758 said:

Different circuit perhaps? (Different breaker?)

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

23 minutes ago, Dreamer758 said:

Power supplies can hold power for a very short time (milliseconds), It is an indication that you have a quality one, what is it?

Also it's possible that the voltage just dropped down, instead of a complete power outage, and other components couldn't handle it but your PC could?

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

1 hour ago, _Syn_ said:

Thermaltake SMART 750 full modular 

1 hour ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Different circuit perhaps? (Different breaker?)

1 hour ago, _Syn_ said:

1 hour ago, schwellmo92 said:

The power supply holds some power, if it was a small blip your power supply would've probably had enough stored electricity to keep it running. Or your PC did actually turn off and when the power came back on it booted up and launched everything that was previously open.

Doubt the computer turned off because when I tuned the screen back on GTA still hasent noticed my connection timed out