Windows 10 Freezing and Unfreezing

BrandonF

I’ve had this issue for a while now where it freezing and unfreezes. I’ve read many articles that I needed a new hard drive so I decided to buy a new one and replace it. Installed a fresh windows and still having the same issue. Just wondering if anyone could help me. Everything takes forever to load because it’s freezing.

Thanks

Software issues are often a pain to deal with.
Where did you get your Windows ISO to reinstall it? Was it straight from the Microsoft website or through some other means?

Did you use a legitimate key or used an "activator" ? (This is important, a few bad ones being distributed aroud can cause issues like this)

Did you attempt to overclock the CPU or GPU? If so, revert those changes, see if it still freezes.

Did you manually configure the RAM or set it to XMP in BIOS?

Have you tested your RAM at all? If not, I'd suggest having memtest86 run for at least 12 to 24 hours, longer if you have a ridiculous amount of RAM like 32GB for some reason. If it comes up with any errors, that's your problem.

https://www.memtest86.com/downloads/memtest86-usb.zip

(You can use their bundled in application to create a bootable USB, or use Rufus to do the same thing, read the "readme.txt" file for information)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

Software issues are often a pain to deal with.
Where did you get your Windows ISO to reinstall it? Was it straight from the Microsoft website or through some other means?

Did you use a legitimate key or used an "activator" ? (This is important, a few bad ones being distributed aroud can cause issues like this)

Did you attempt to overclock the CPU or GPU? If so, revert those changes, see if it still freezes.

Did you manually configure the RAM or set it to XMP in BIOS?

Have you tested your RAM at all? If not, I'd suggest having memtest86 run for at least 12 to 24 hours, longer if you have a ridiculous amount of RAM like 32GB for some reason. If it comes up with any errors, that's your problem.

https://www.memtest86.com/downloads/memtest86-usb.zip

(You can use their bundled in application to create a bootable USB, or use Rufus to do the same thing, read the "readme.txt" file for information)

I installed windows from a usb that I installed windows from Microsoft.

My previous hard drive was from the store and was pre activated so that code was linked to my account. It’s a laptop, I never attempted to overclock anything. I might be leaning towards it being the ram