Three different wireless headphones crackling/popping...

mav91890

I have an Arctis 7, Logi G933, Logi G533. All three headphones have some light crackling/popping here and there, across all different types of media. It's minor but very annoying. Nothing that I know of is causing interference. Have tried both usb 2.0 and 3.0. About 2 ft away from pc... Audio drivers updated. Any ideas? It's driving me nuts. I've tried any and all settings in the headset programs and windows 10 audio control panel but nothing fixes it. Any ideas? 

New build - i7 9700k, gigabyte aorus master, 2080 super, 32gb ram

since I assume you connect them through a usb wireless dongle , try updating your mobo's chipset or maybe USB controllers

Make sure your cell phone is far away from you as a test.

Also test to make sure your sample rates are the same across all devices.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

Seems to be the wireless. Plugged the Arctis 7 in with aux to mobo and sounds good... no crackling. Now the question is, how do I cut down interference? Only wireless device I'm using is a razer mouse. Could that be the issue?

Any wireless device can cause this kind of noise. A mouse tends to make a high pitch rapid tapping/squeel. A router tends to be a lower frequency and less regular. Other NFC devices can cause even stranger high pitch whines. Cellular signals tend to be helicopter like...

I should make a funny post describing interference sounds as if they are fine wine :D

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

2 minutes ago, AAJoe said:

Any wireless device can cause this kind of noise. A mouse tends to make a high pitch rapid tapping/squeel. A router tends to be a lower frequency and less regular. Other NFC devices can cause even stranger high pitch whines. Cellular signals tend to be helicopter like...

I should make a funny post describing interference sounds as if they are fine wine :D

I've just never really noticed this before on past headsets. It is minor as I've said but annoys me. Random popping/crackling, no matter what eq settings I have. I'd legit pay $300+ for a quality headset that had good battery, comfort, quality audio, etc.