Colouring Of Tubing after about 2 months?

It's been about 2 months maybe a little less and I noticed the colour of the tubing has changed, gone cloudy not clear as it was before (See picture). I used the Mayhems blitz kit to clean the radiator and gave it a few rinses before installing it so nothing in the radiator that can cause this. The tubing was Mayhems Ultra Clear Tubing (1/2 - 3/4) 13/19mm and coolant used was also Mayhems X1 Clear.

You can see from the picture where I took off the barb fitting it's still clear but rest is not.

20190809_201239.thumb.jpg.bef769da44fa12d01d23f74b803f043b.jpg 

Thats normal. Happens to all the soft tubings. If you take a paper towel and reach in there, you should be able to clean it up. Nothing you can do about it sadly. Just the nature of the beast. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, TrigrH said:

Not glass.

well yea, I was talking in terms of soft tubing.. should have specified. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, TrigrH said:

well plastic hard tubing still can

Yea, but not as much from what i've seen, but have seen it on PETG, but its much much more prevalent with soft tubing and there is nothing that can be done about it.

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Indeed, soft tubing does this im afraid.

This is why i use opaque soft tubing, u dont see it.

If you want stop that thing happening and what transparent tubing then Glass is the way to go, alternatively acrylic will take much longer to cloud. PETG is quicker than acrylic to cloud but will still take longer to do so over soft tubing.

I use a glass res for this reason also. Glass res + opaque soft tubing = no visual problems.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I have seen tygon tubing stay crystal clear after 5 years of use,The rest do just like that and slowly cloud up worse with time also.

I had tygon stay clear for a long time. Home Depot cheap tubing you know the stuff you can hardly bend stay clear for years. 

I had Primoflex Advanced let and it started to go hazy after a week. I just use solids now. White coolent. White tubes. 

13 hours ago, bignaz said:

I had tygon stay clear for a long time. Home Depot cheap tubing you know the stuff you can hardly bend stay clear for years. 

I had Primoflex Advanced let and it started to go hazy after a week. I just use solids now. White coolent. White tubes. 

The tygon is plasticizer free and the rest are not far as i know.But the tygon does cost a little more but worth it to me if you want it clear lol

On 8/10/2019 at 8:49 AM, Shadowman said:

It's been about 2 months maybe a little less and I noticed the colour of the tubing has changed, gone cloudy not clear as it was before (See picture). I used the Mayhems blitz kit to clean the radiator and gave it a few rinses before installing it so nothing in the radiator that can cause this. The tubing was Mayhems Ultra Clear Tubing (1/2 - 3/4) 13/19mm and coolant used was also Mayhems X1 Clear.

You can see from the picture where I took off the barb fitting it's still clear but rest is not.

While soft tubing does degrade I've not seen it go that fast usually I see a slight frosted/fogged look on mine after 12 months or so. Only thing I can really think of is sometime coating the surfaces of the loop but if you don't see thing substance on blocks and such then hard to say.