Louqe Ghost S1 Air cooling SOLVED

xVPTx

So according to the Louqe website the best air cooler for the Ghost S1 ITX case is the Noctua NF-L12 low-profile air cooler (Not the NF-L12S as it is taller and will NOT fit)... because of this it is going for $430+ on places like Ebay and sold out on amazon/newegg etc... 

Here is a solution. The maximum height cooler that will fit is 66mm. The biggest cooler you can fit is a tiny bit of work but much cheaper than the 430 of a skinning from ebay. Here's what you do.

Buy the Be Quiet Shadow Rock LP BK002 (75.4mm height) and replace the stock 120mm x 25mm fan with a Noctua NF-A12 x 15mm fan. This takes the 75.4mm height and removes 10mm to become a new total of 65.4mm leaving a 0.6mm gap between the top of the cooler/fan and the aluminum side panel.

With the coolers 6 heat pipes and the Noctua fan this should make a decent if not excellent choice for the Ghost S1 case with out getting ripped off from ebay. The Be Quiet cooler with stock fan is rated at 130W, but with the LP fan you can expect that rating to drop, but I would expect it to still be at least 100W IMO. As of right now on amazon the cooler is going for 44.90 (USD) and the fan for 19.95 (USD) for a grand total of 64.85+tax (USD).

Let me know if you see a flaw in my logic or if this helps you out! :)