need some recommends for a decent 27"+ monitor

xreaperx22

hi all im in need of some ideas for the cheapest 27" or bigger 1440p curved monitor lol budget is flexible but need the cheapest possible a few friends of mine are doing our own scrapyard wars type of thing but just for fun not for views lol

anyways 200 to 299 is about the limit i think that i could stretch to,i have like 7 days so there should be ample time.already looked through all craigs listings near me and zero...im in a town thats not exactly pc savvy most peeps here you ask for a 1440p monitor and they look at you dumbfounded lol i do have a microcenter that about 50 miles from here but jeez that drive is insane traffic wise,but im hoping amazon can save my bacon lol i have there prime service so i get free 2 day shipping on most of there stuff....back to what i need it has to be curved and has to be 1440p gamer type i suppose but i dont think it needs to have 1ms and 240hz and all that besides those specs will cerainly be in the 400+ range anyways oh and no TN panels,the "judges" said it would be too easy so anything but TN....figures! only thing i came up with is this one https://www.amazon.com/AOC-AG273QCX-FreeSync-DisplayHDR-DisplayPort/dp/B07MJCF5N4/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=27+inch+1440p+curved&qid=1565360459&s=electronics&sr=1-8 anyone think this is decent? i know one of the tests will be gaming so i figured this would be pretty decent.also as a bonus i can keep for myself! lol

Edited by LogicalDrm
Shortened links not allowed

Only 300$ -+.....

4k HDR IPS 

https://www.lg.com/gr/monitors/lg-27UK600-W

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

6 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

i wonder if it has the quantum dot tech? either way its another option which is what i need options lol

sadly it doesn’t. but that is why it costs 320 instead of the 5oo mind cost ?

Just now, Sorenson said:

sadly it doesn’t. but that is why it costs 320 instead of the 5oo mind cost ?

true lol im also trying to slide HDR in there if possible even if its the minimum HDR 10 lol it would be bonus points.

also on a side note can HDR be passed through dvi? or only hdmi on older gpu's?

23 minutes ago, xreaperx22 said:

also on a side note can HDR be passed through dvi? or only hdmi on older gpu's?

I don’t think it can work through dvi, but that is just a guess. I’m pretty sure it doesn’t have the bandwidth. The monitor is only 300 nits so hdr support is bs on it.

1 minute ago, Sorenson said:

I don’t think it can work through dvi, but that is just a guess. I’m pretty sure it doesn’t have the bandwidth. The monitor is only 300 nits so hdr support is bs on it.

the monitor i linked has a 450nit when hdr is on and 380 off still nothing to write home about lol

1 hour ago, xreaperx22 said:

the monitor i linked has a 450nit when hdr is on and 380 off still nothing to write home about lol

400 nitts is really good for a non $800 gaming monitor. I didn’t see the link you provided, it looks better than the Samsung. 

19 hours ago, Sorenson said:

400 nitts is really good for a non $800 gaming monitor. I didn’t see the link you provided, it looks better than the Samsung. 

and that price is insane everything i seen with any kind of HDR was 500-700 dollars at least