Commander Pro makes my Bios/Boot slow as hell

Diogo Pereira

So I've installed a commander pro yesterday and since then I have to restart my pc several times to boot and even when it works it takes a lot of time and my bios is a laggy mess to the point i cant even change pages, I've tried updating the firmware and the ICue software but to no success. I've tried disconnecting it and the pc works just fine like that but everytime I connect is goes back to being laggy. Is it the commander pro, my motherboard, windows? Whats going on here? Can someone help me? I can make a video showing what happens if someone is willing to help me and doesnt really get what im talking about xD

Two questions. Is your boot mode set to UEFI only? And have you tried other USB ports?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Two questions. Is your boot mode set to UEFI only? And have you tried other USB ports?

No I dont have safe boot enabled in the boot options, and no I havent tried another USB port, i will probably try swaping them tomorrow because this is really annoying the crap out of me to the point that i just turned it off for now, my GPU is mounted vertically so its I have to remove the gpu to access the usb ports first.

54 minutes ago, Diogo Pereira said:

No I dont have safe boot enabled in the boot options, and no I havent tried another USB port, i will probably try swaping them tomorrow because this is really annoying the crap out of me to the point that i just turned it off for now, my GPU is mounted vertically so its I have to remove the gpu to access the usb ports first.

I didn't ask about safe boot. I just think that having boot mode as UEFI+legacy might be reason.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

I didn't ask about safe boot. I just think that having boot mode as UEFI+legacy might be reason.

Not sure why i talked about safe boot.. Should i change it to something else?

IMG_20190810_015828.jpg

5 hours ago, Diogo Pereira said:

Not sure why i talked about safe boot.. Should i change it to something else?

IMG_20190810_015828.jpg

All of those should be UEFI. Legacy means that mobo checks everything individually, UEFI at the same time.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

All of those should be UEFI. Legacy means that mobo checks everything individually, UEFI at the same time.

So I tried some troubleshooting again, heres what I did:

Tried switching the USB port only and it didnt work so I went back to the other one.

Disconnected the Commander pro from the power supply so I could get into Windows

Converted my SSD to GPT to allow UEFI mode on the BIOS 

unnistalled iCue and all the drivers from corsair 

restarted and went to BIOS and enabled UEFI mode 

restarted again, installed iCue and all the drivers again.

It boots first time now but still takes some times, BIOS is still kinda laggy (not as bad as before, now I can travel to pages atleast, it still laggs out for a couple seconds sometimes). Still not really sure whats going or how to fix it or how a fan controller is making this mess, might have to format and reinstall windows if I cant find a solution in the next couple days

You should contact Corsair support too. Maybe they can assist further. This seems to be so specific situation that there might not be anyone else who has had same issues.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

You should contact Corsair support too. Maybe they can assist further. This seems to be so specific situation that there might not be anyone else who has had same issues.

Yeah I've been researching online and havent found anything similar. I've contacted corsair already, Im waiting for a response. Thanks for the tips anyways