Ryzen 3600 temps

Hello I have a ryzen 3600 b450 tomahawk and rx 580. When I'm gaming CPU temps are around 65-70C with the CPU cooler be quiet pure rock. When I'm gaming and browsing at the same time I saw temps of 75-80C. Also voltage is around 1.4v. is that normal? Idle is around 45C

A bit warm. Make sure the cooler is mounted well. You could also undervolt a bit

4 minutes ago, Yiannis15 said:

Also voltage is around 1.4v.

as of these early Ryzen 3rd gen days, the voltage at stock seems to be a bit volatile. In a month, a BIOS update may help with these temps, but if 80 celsius isn't being exceeded during normal use, there's no real problem.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Also ambient temperature is around 30-35C because I live in Cyprus and it's really hot in summer

i would try replacing the thermal compound and reseating the cooler.

A10-5800k, 8gb DDR3-1866, R9-270, 2x 500gb Hdd, 1x 1000gb Hdd

It’s not the paste or the cooler. The shit just runs hot. I was hitting 85c regularly with the stock cooler, I put a H100i on it and temps are around 60 now while gaming. 

That chip just runs hot. 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

2 hours ago, Yiannis15 said:

Hello I have a ryzen 3600 b450 tomahawk and rx 580. When I'm gaming CPU temps are around 65-70C with the CPU cooler be quiet pure rock. When I'm gaming and browsing at the same time I saw temps of 75-80C. Also voltage is around 1.4v. is that normal? Idle is around 45C

There was a AMD Chipset Driver that would kinda "solve the problem" but i have an Ryzen 5 3600x and still after that update have temp problems because of too much voltage on idle and overall, so we need to wait for the next BIOS update to hopefully solve that problem completly

1 hour ago, PatchyThePirate said:

There was a AMD Chipset Driver that would kinda "solve the problem" but i have an Ryzen 5 3600x and still after that update have temp problems because of too much voltage on idle and overall, so we need to wait for the next BIOS update to hopefully solve that problem completly

What is your idle voltage? It should be 1 volt or under. I am at like .3 to .8 volts at idle. And don't use Ryzen Master to check it, it pulls your cpu out of idle and ramps up your voltage. Cpuz works better, it doesn't have any effect on your cpu while running. If you are not seeing voltages under 1 volt I would say something in your set up is not correct and it isn't allowing your cpu to idle, or idle properly.

28 minutes ago, paulmohr said:

What is your idle voltage? It should be 1 volt or under. I am at like .3 to .8 volts at idle. And don't use Ryzen Master to check it, it pulls your cpu out of idle and ramps up your voltage. Cpuz works better, it doesn't have any effect on your cpu while running. If you are not seeing voltages under 1 volt I would say something in your set up is not correct and it isn't allowing your cpu to idle, or idle properly.

its a minor bug with the new ryzen 3000 series that will be fixed in hopefully the next big bios update because the voltage in idle and everywhere else is about 1.44v which makes the cpu temperature wayy higher

Granted it's only 65*F here, I only run in the mid 50's with a R5 3600X on a CM Hyper 212 Evo running Heaven, Timespy, and gaming. I have good case cooling too.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

Its not a bug with the ryzen 3000. Maybe its a bug with your motherboard bios, I don't know. What I know is my 3600 doesn't do it, never did, even with the orginal chipset drivers and bios. Same with many many others. Something is telling your cpu to throttle up. Either an incorrect setting in your bios, some software on your system or something running in the background that is triggering it. If you are idling at 1.4 volts something is not right and needs to be corrected. You should be under 1 volt to 1.2 volts at idle. If it is 1.4 volts it isn't idling. Or whatever you are using to look at the voltage isn't reading it correctly.

Yes it does take less to pull them out of idle and they are more responsive. It isn't a bug though, they designed it that way.

That last post sounded kind of mean, that isn't how I intended. I just mean that isn't how it should normally operate and something is triggering it to come out of idle when it shouldn't.

• 1 year later...
On 8/7/2019 at 10:46 PM, paulmohr said:

It should be 1 volt or under. I am at like .3 to .8 volts at idle.

Hey, its Aug 2020 and my 3600 is just as the one in this thread hot like that and at 1.3V idle. I have the latest drivers and bios provided by ASUS ( I have the ROG Strix B450). Any help? Also I have thermal grizzly Kryonaut because I thought that could be a problem.