So I just found out you can't use gtx 780 with ryzen 2600

So that sucks. I was all hyped up and all to finally be able to use ryzen. I was using xeon e3 1241 v3 before but my excitement was immediately crushed when it couldn't post. I did everything and I finally gave up and went to the shop where I bought it from and in a few minutes it was working when they tested it. (only brought mobo ram and cpu). Crushed I couldn't believe my gpu was dead so I checked online and turns out 780 would not work with ryzen and the only way to get it to work would be to use the other pcie spots but I only have one. So yeah now I'm hoping someone would buy my gtx 780 for around rm300 which is $72 just so I can hopefully find someone selling an rx 470 8gb for the same price or gtx 1060 thankfully there are people selling it just need to sell the 780 fast. So yeah make sure you don't have an old gpu before upgrading to ryzen or you'll end up with a broken heart and a bad day :-(

14 minutes ago, Shazali123 said:

It also aparently works fine with a first gen Ryzen CPU, not sure on 3rd gen.

You can try enabling "CSM" in the bios, whatever that means.

Or heres a big thread with some other stuff ,someone said using display port instead of HDMI worked.

It appears to just be a  very strange compatibility bug.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/ryzen-7-2700x-no-display-on-boot.421204/

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Quote from Wikipedia:

Compatibility Support Module[edit]
The Compatibility Support Module (CSM) is a component of the UEFI firmware that provides legacy BIOS compatibility by emulating a BIOS environment, allowing legacy operating systems and some option ROMs that do not support UEFI to still be used.[48]

CSM also provides required legacy System Management Mode (SMM) functionality, called CompatibilitySmm, as an addition to features provided by the UEFI SMM. This is optional, and highly chipset and platform specific. An example of such a legacy SMM functionality is providing USB legacy support for keyboard and mouse, by emulating their classic PS/2 counterparts.[48]

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Or heres a big thread with some other stuff ,someone said using display port instead of HDMI worked.

It appears to just be a  very strange compatibility bug.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/ryzen-7-2700x-no-display-on-boot.421204/

CSM is the Compatibility Support Module.

If you don't enable it, hardware that doesn't support UEFI won't work. What happened here (assuming no output anywhere) is that the GTX 780 has no support for UEFI, and therefore it won't work.

It's weird that the 780 has no support for uefi tho

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Well a friend of mine uses a 780 with a 2700 and a b450 board... So i guess its not solely the 780s fault

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Which mainboard? Try update the BIOS? 

Selling 780 for RM300 gonna be hard though. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

• 2 months later...

780's with bios 80.10.xx will function with zen+ cpu's on b350, b450, x470

but will fail to post on x370.

80.10.xx corresponds only to reference/initial production 780's and cannot accept the 80.80.xx vbios's provided with later cards.